Unable to say hello to your Windows Face camera? Don’t worry. We have got your back. Windows Hello Face recognition is one of the most sought-after features Windows 10 brought to us. Unfortunately, it seems like Windows 11 stole our cherry from the cake. Although that’s quite saddening to hear, we have got a few handy fixes that will make sure your say hello to your Windows hello face camera again. So, why wait?
How to Fix Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition Not Working Issue
Although this feature is currently unavailable for most Windows devices, Microsoft introduced this feature back in 2015 with its Windows 10 OS. However, now in 2021, after the release of Windows 11, some users find that the hello face recognition not working on their system, and sometimes they are unable to log into their PC due to this annoying error. Meanwhile, it isn’t really shocking as this is evident because currently, Windows 11 is in preview stages. So, I hope this wouldn’t befall with its stable version.
Anyway, currently, we need to fix it, right? Of course, yes, that’s why we gathered some fixes from various users worldwide who are also facing this kind of issue. But, now they successfully get rid of this.
Method 1: Enable Biometrics Via Local Group Policy Editor
Suppose this is not a bug that appears after the Windows 11 new update. Then, most probably, it will be fixed by just enabling Biometrics through the local group policy editor. Basically, in most cases after the update, a few of our system’s settings were changed automatically, such as local group policy. So, it is possible that this could cause the malfunctioning of Hello to face recognition not working error. So, here is the procedure that you need to follow to enable your Biometrics via the local group policy editor.
- First of all, you require to press the Windows + R key on your keyboard to invoke the Run prompt command box.
- After that, simply type gpedit.msc inside the text field and hit the enter key.
- Now, follow the path: Computer configuration < Administrative < Templates < Windows Components < Biometrics.
- Then, select the Allow the use of Biometrics option.
- On the next page, simply click on the Enabled button and hit the Apply button followed by Ok.
- Now, locate the Allow users to log on using the biometric option and click on it. Then, hit the Apply button along with the Ok.
- Reboot your system
That’s how you enable your biometric security via a local group policy editor. Once your system is rebooted completely, you’ll see that now your hello face recognition starts working properly. However, it might be possible that this method won’t work in some cases. So instead, you can follow the next potential procedures.
Method 2: Update Your Drivers
Did you check if your corresponding drivers are up-to-date or not? Yeah! Although drivers are automatically updated when you’re updating Windows, sometimes, your drivers might not get updated due to various factors. However, this could be another reason your hello face recognition is not working or not recognizing your face. So, follow the steps mentioned below to update your drivers:
- To update your drivers, you need to hover to the Device Manager.
- After that, select the Biometric Devices and right-click on the device that you need to update, and choose the Uninstall option.
- Now, simply hit the Action button located in the top menu bar of the screen.
- That’s it. Now, finally, click on the Scan for hardware changes option.
Windows will automatically search for updates, and if it gets something, it will automatically update your camera drivers.
Method 3: Rollback Camera Drivers
Sometimes, it is also possible that your facial recognition works perfectly before the update. However, if that’s the case, then rolling back your camera driver might help you get rid of this situation. Nevertheless, if you don’t know how to rollback your camera drivers, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, hover to the Device Manager and select the System Devices.
- After that, click on the Surface Camera Windows Hello option.
- Now, switch to the Driver tab and hit the Roll Back Driver button.
- Then, you have to select the driver version that previously worked perfectly.
- That’s it. Now, hit the Apply button and save the settings that you have changed. Then reboot the system and check if no your hello face recognition work perfectly.
Also Read: How to Easily Copy Any Directory Address on Windows 11
Method 4: Reset The Facial Recognition Settings
If the above method won’t work for you. Then, you can try to reset the facial recognition settings as this may help you to fix the hello face recognition not working issue.
- First of all, you must have to go to the Settings app and hover to the Accounts.
- Then, click on the Sign-in button found inside the Accounts section.
- After that, simply locate the Facial Recognition and hit the Remove option.
- Now, select the Get Started option and follow the on-screen instruction in order to reset your facial identity.
- Once done, you must reboot your device and check if no the issue gets resolved or not.
Now, most probably, your hello face recognition not working issue gets resolved. However, if you still find no luck fixing this out. We recommend you install your Windows 11 latest build again as this is the last option you had. So, that’s it for now. We hope you liked this comprehensive guide.