Valorant | How To Fix FPS Drop Issue on Windows PC
Valorant is one of the very complex and multi-layered team goal shooter games. At first glance, it feels very familiar to Counter-Strike Global Offensive. However, it differentiates itself in the individual characters’ abilities, which create a robust range of outcomes. In my opinion, it makes the Valorant more enjoyable through an additional layer of unpredictability.
But, if I truly give my opinion, then Valorant fails to capture what made CS: GO so good. The main problem that makes it not only highly frustrating at times but leaves no room to improve is its continuous FPS drop issue. FPS drops issues are the most annoying error as due to this, you cannot focus on your gameplay as you are always lagging.
Anyway, I’ve compiled some fixes that may help you to get rid of the FPS drop issue up to some extent. Don’t worry! All the fixes I’ve tried personally and found them very useful. So, you may also try these.
How To Fix FPS Drop Issue in Valorant on Windows PC
Fun CS: GO alternative. If you are genuinely good at the famous gun-based FPS game CS: GO (Counter Strike Global Offensive), you might like this. Valorant follows the same mechanics as CS: GO, but each character you can play has its own unique abilities.
But, as you know, a single glitch or bug ruins the whole gaming lustre. So, this needs to be fixed. But, how we can improve and fix the FPS drop issue? You’ll get everything; just continues reading this guide. So, here are some fixes that have the potential to fix the FPS drop issue on your Windows PC. Some users also face the crashing issue with a Val43 error code along with an FPS drop without any prior notification. So, let’s see how to fix them.
Steps to Fix FPS drop issue:
- Firstly, you can try to check if there is any Windows update available. If so, then update it immediately and check if the issue gets fixed.
- Now, if just updating your Windows doesn’t help you to fix this. You can set your system’s power option to High Performance.
- Check for GPU driver update and update it to again enjoying the game without facing any issue.
- If there are too many processes in your background, I recommend you kill your background processes using task manager.
- Still, no luck? Wait, are you using fancy skins with effects? Then please stop it as this might also affect if your PC is not powerful enough.
- Lower down your in-game graphics settings as mentioned below, or you may set your own:
- Material, Texture, Detail, and UI quality must be set to Low.
- Vignette and Vsync should be Off.
- Anti-aliasing set to None.
- Anisotropic Filtering must be set to 1×.
- Improve Clarity should be on Off position along with Bloom.
- Distortion and First Person Shadow must be Off.
Additional or Bonus Fixes:
#1. Disable HPET (High Precision Event Timer)
This fix this given by the Valorant/ RIOT officials. So, you do not worry about its authenticity. Here are the steps to know and disable the HPET on your PC:
- First of all, run the command prompt with admin rights (Run as Administrator). Then, use the command and hit the enter key:
"bcdedit /enum all /v | findstr "clock"
- However, if you see it in return shows- “useplatformclock “Yes.” This means that it uses HPET.
- Now, to disable it, you have to use this command:
"bcdedit.exe /set useplatformclock false"
- After that, you require to restart your Windows PC. Then, check if the FPS drop issue gets resolved or not.
#2. Use Task Manager
- Firstly, you need to open the Valorant on your Windows PC and thereafter minimize it.
- After that, invoke the Task Manager using your mouse by right-clicking on the Task Bar and then from the drop-down context menu select Task Manager.
- Now, hit on the More details option, and then shift to the Processes tab.
- Then, from the list of processes, locate the Valorant and right-click on it. From the drop-down menu, hover to the details.
- After that, locate the VALORANT-WIN64-Shipping.exe and right-click on it. Then, again from the drop-down menu, choose the option Set Affinity.
- Now, in the next window, you will be able to see the current active CPU threads that are enabled for Valorant. So, checkmark the box located in front of All Processors and hit the OK button.
- Then, you can follow the same steps as 5 and 6, but this time it’s must be for VALORANT.exe.
This game is excellent. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea. So, it will be best if you gave it a shot at least. I think the game is very well made. But, yeah! Sometimes the various bugs and glitches may bother you as they are pretty annoying, and no one wants to get an error while in an intense match.
These errors need to be fixed, and the fixes we have already mentioned in this guide. So, try them all and see if it helps. If so, then give us your feedback and let us know which method works for you or even if you know any other way to fix this out. So, that’s it for this guide. We will soon meet in the next one, till then stay safe.