Siri, for instance, makes smart suggestions that streamline your day by being “in the right place at the right time.” However, in a nutshell, it predicts what you want to do and plans a course of action.
It means Siri sometimes makes suggestions during searches and on the lock screen, which can either be appreciated or can be distracting. In case you don’t like Siri’s suggestions, you can easily disable them on your iPhone iPad or simply choose which apps will be able to use Siri.
In conclusion, if you don’t know how to turn off Siri Suggestions on your iPhone or iPad, be sure to follow this guide until the end. So, let’s get started with it.
How to Turn Off Siri Suggestions on iPhone And iPad
The process of turning off Siri is not too challenging if you are running iOS 11 or later. So, let’s look at how:
- Firstly, go to your iPhone or iPad Settings.
- Then, make sure to tap on the Siri & Search.
- After that, locate the Listen for Hey Siri option and toggle the button. Then, press the Side Button for Siri, and simply Allow the Siri When Locked.
- Finally, hit the Turn Off Siri in the next appeared menu.
To disable Siri completely, you must deactivate the top two options. When you’re done accidentally activating Siri with the Side button, for example, simply toggle that option off, and you can still use the Hey Siri command and allow Siri to run even when your iPhone is locked.
How to Turn Off Siri Suggestions
If you didn’t like the Siri suggestions on your iPhone or iPad and want to turn off this option permanently, you could follow the steps mentioned below:
- Initially, go to the iPhone or iPad Settings menu.
- Then, click on Siri & Search.
- After that, scroll down and locate the options Suggestions while Searching, Suggestions on Lock Screen, Suggestions on Home Screen, and Suggestions when Sharing, then toggle the button located beside this option to disable them.
It totally depends upon you whether or not you leave Siri suggestions on for certain items. You can also select specific apps and turn off Siri suggestions for them only by scrolling further down.
How to turn off Siri suggestions for specific apps
Siri suggestions can be turned off for certain apps if you want them off for most apps. So, to do this, you can simply follow these steps:
- First of all, click on the iPhone or iPad Settings.
- After that, you can simply navigate to the Siri & Search option.
- Then, simply scroll down and select the app for which you want to switch off Siri suggestions for.
- That’s it. Now, simply drag the slider to the off position.
How to Turn off Siri iCloud Sync
The more you use Siri, the more it gets to know you, making future usages more efficient and individualized. However, in this situation, iCloud enables you to synchronize the machine-learning data across all your Apple devices.
Unfortunately, there is no automatic way to activate this perk, so you’ll need to go in and activate it if you want it. You can always check, though. So, let’s have a look at the necessary steps that will help you do so:
- Firstly, navigate to the iPhone or iPad’s Settings.
- Now, click on your name (Profile) at the top, and go to the iCloud section.
- That’s it. Now, simply scroll down and locate the Siri, then toggle off this option.
Also Read: How To Fix If iPhone Gets Frozen After The Recent iOS Update
So, these were some important steps that you need to take if you want to turn off Siri on your iPhone or iPad. We hope that this guide helped you. Furthermore, if you need more info regarding the same topic, comment below.