Transfer files from a PC to an iPhone and iPad always being a headache for us. Obviously, because it is quite hard to do perform. Generally, we found many users struggling while doing this. Well, this brings us to a conclusion to bring up a guide on this particular topic and help you guys. So, now without further ado, let’s dive deeper into the guide and see how you will transfer files from PC to iPhone and iPad.
Also Read: How To Enable Screenshots Functionality on Apple Watch
Methods to Transfer Files From PC to iPhone or iPad via iTunes File Sharing
By using known data transfer applications like; windows file explorer, iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, etc., these are the most frequently used application for copying files from PC to iPad or iPhone.
Method 1: Thrid-Party Application
You can use a third-party application to transfer files from your PC to your iPhone or iPad. This is very handy to do so, but we do not recommend you use a third-party application unless it is from a trusted developer. But, in case if you still want to use them, then there are many applications available on Google that you can download and use.
Method 2: Via File Explorer
Follow the given instructions to transfer files from your PC to your iPad using File Explorer:
- Use a USB connection to connect your iPad to your computer.
- Unlock your tablet and put your faith in the Windows computer. To continue, enter your iPad password if prompted.
- Select “This PC” > [your iPad’s name] > “Internal Storage” > “APPLE100” > “DCIM” from the drop-down menu.
- Into the folder, copy the photos and movies you wish to transfer to your iPad.
- Open the Photos app on your iOS device and check the objects that have been transferred.
Method 3: Transfer Files Using iCloud Drive
iCloud Drive is an iCloud document-centric file-sharing service. You can share files using Wi-Fi between your PC and iPhone or iPad if you enable iCloud Drive. Similar to iCloud Photos, you have to make sure you’re using the same Apple ID across all of your devices and that you have enough storage.
To use iCloud Drive to transfer files to your iPad, follow these steps.
- Go to “Settings” > [your name] > “iCloud” on your iPad and turn on “iCloud Drive.”
- after that, upload the files you want to transfer to iCloud to your PC: If you have iCloud for Windows installed, go to the settings and turn on “iCloud Drive.” After that, navigate to “This PC” > “iCloud Drive” and copy the files into this folder. Go to iCloud.com and sign in if you didn’t install the iCloud management panel.
- Then select “iCloud Drive” to upload files from your PC to iCloud.
- Then, to verify the files, open the “Files” app on your iPad and go to “Browse” > “iCloud Drive.”
- You can access these items straight from iCloud or download them to your iPad by hitting the Download button.
Also Read: How to Automatically Delete Old Text Messages (SMS) on iPhone, Android.
Method 4: Using iTunes Syncing
Using iTunes syncing, you can move files from your PC to your iPad. Here are the instructions that you require to follow:
- Connect your iOS device to your Windows computer and open iTunes.
- Trust the computer and unlock your iDevice.
- Select the category you’d like to share from the device icon, whether it’s images, movies, songs, or other media.
- After that, select the items you wish to copy and check the “Sync [category]” option.
- To begin transferring files from your PC to your device, click “Apply.”
Now, you know all of the proven methods for transferring files from a PC to an iOS device. Use one of them to transfer files to your iPad quickly. We hope this guide helped you. However, comment below, if you need more info.