Gone were the days when we had to decide which mouse was better for our PC because, in modern-day technology, I mean in laptops, there is no need for a mouse that works similarly to a conventional mouse. However, we do not need a physical mouse for our laptop unless we want to play games because using the laptop’s touchpad while gaming makes it more difficult to play.
It is not like the touchpad is always what it is right now. Microsoft changed the touchpad features totally from Windows 10. But, the real chance they have made with the new Microsoft Windows 11. However, this time, they worked hard to provide us with the best by offering the more advanced feature in touchpad gestures.
But, some of the touchpad gesture features may not be enabled by default. So, you require to set them manually, and that’s what this guide is totally about. Therefore, make your mark and take our lead to set up the touchpad gestures in Windows 11.
Methods to Set Touchpad Gestures in Windows 11
#1. Set Up Tap Gestures
If you don’t know how to set up tap gestures on your Windows 11 PC, then make sure to follow the guidelines given below:
- Firstly, open the Windows Settings app and click on the Bluetooth & devices.
- Then, navigate to the Touchpad tile and click on the Taps.
- Now, you’ll get various options there. So, choose as per your need to enable that options.
- From there, you can also set the Touchpad Sensitivity.
#2. Set Up Scroll & Zoom Gestures
To set touchpad scroll & zoom gestures in your Windows 11 PC, then perform these easy steps:
- First of all, hover to the Windows Settings app and click on the Bluetooth & devices.
- Then, navigate to the Touchpad tile and, this time, click on the Scroll & Zoom.
- Now, select the options as per your need by checkmark the boxes located in front of the different settings.
#3. Set Up Three-Finger Gestures
To set the three-finger gestures settings, you need to follow these steps:
- Initially, open the Windows Settings app and hit the Bluetooth & Devices option.
- After that, navigate to the Touchpad tile and click on the Three-finger gestures.
Now, you have two options. This means the Three-finger gestures have two categories, i.e., Swipe and Tap. Also, it will allow you to do the following things:
- Switch apps and show the desktop (Default)
- Switch desktops and show desktop
- Change audio and volume
Well, to choose the existing Swipe gestures, firstly, click on the drop-down menu located in the Swipe section. Then, click on the preferred option that you want to set.
Similarly, to select the Tap gestures, click on the drop-down menu in front of the Tap section. Then, select the gesture as per your need from the drop list.
How To Customize Three-Finger Gestures
This feature is very great as using this; you can also set your customized three-finger gestures. So, to do this, here are the needy steps:
- To do this, you can simply go to the Related Settings located just below the Tap section.
- After that, click on Advanced Gestures.
- Then, tap on the Configure Three-Finger Gestures drop-down button.
- After that, tap on the drop-down button located in front of the related settings to configure them as per your need.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to set touchpad gestures in Windows 11 PC. We hope that the steps as mentioned earlier may help you. But, in case you have any doubts or queries on your mind, let us know in the comment section.