Fix: Runescape Keeps Crashing on My Windows 11 PC
Gaming technology is an ever-changing thing. Microsoft always keeps enhancing their technology to improve the gaming experience along with the human civilizations for PC users. However, even though we face many types of problems like game keeps crashing, freezing, etc., on Windows 11 PC. Therefore, it is a matter of concern about the future of gaming for the next few years.
However, recently Runescape players worldwide report an unspecified error because when they are trying to load the game, it always keeps crashing on their Windows 11 PC. Meanwhile, it is pretty shocking that a released game almost two decades ago still kept crashing on Windows 11 PC. After investigating this error, we have gathered some troubleshooting steps to fix this error for you guys. So, let’s see them.
How To Fix Runescape Keeps Crashing on My Windows 11 PC
Although finding the exact fix for this error isn’t an easy task because the game is almost two decades old. However, there might be various reasons behind this. For example, it may be a compatibility issue, it may be a hardware issue, or Windows 11 might not be optimized to play an older game. Anyway, apart from this, some complex fixes that you can try to fix the Runescape keep crashing on Windows 11 PC issue.
But, before we are heading towards the solution, you can first check out the minimum requirements in order to run the game on your Windows 11 PC.
PC Specs Requirement:
- Operating System- Windows Vista or higher
- CPU- Intel i3+ or AMD @ 2.4+ GHz
- RAM- 4GB RAM
- GPU- GeForce 400x, Intel HD 4x, AMD Radeon 7xxx +
- Free Storage- At least 8 GB
- P-Shader- 1.4
- V-Shader- 1.1
Fix 1: Run in Compatibility Mode
Most of the time, it is noticed that games keep crashes if there is any compatibility issue. However, it is seen more frequently whenever you update the Windows update recently. So, it is better to run the game in an earlier version of Windows that is more stable than the new one.
- First of all, go to your desktop and right-click the RuneScape icon.
- Click on Properties.
- Now, you can simply click on the Compatibility tab.
- After that, checkmark the Run this program in compatibility mode.
- However, If you’re on Windows 11, we suggest you set it to Windows 8 or lower.
- Click OK.
Fix 2: Clear the Game Cache
Runescape keeps crashing issue on Windows 10 PC issue might sometimes occur due to the cache memory. Yes, you heard it right. Most of the time, Runescape stores some cache data locally, and when these cache memory got corrupted, then this type of error occurs.
- Open the Steam client application.
- Now, go to the Library tab and right-click on the RuneScape.
- After that, from the drop-down menu, click on Properties.
- Now, go to the Local Files tab.
- After that, click on Browse Local Files.
- Then, delete the entire RuneScape folder.
That’s it. Now, relaunch the Runescape to check if this method helps. However, if not, follow the next potential fix.
Fix 3: Update your Graphics Driver
If you are a tech-savvy person, then you might already know how to update or the importance of updating graphics cards. However, if you don’t know how to do this but are avid to know, then follow the procedure we describe.
Well, two options are there to update your GPU driver manual and automatic. However, if you want a little clout, you can go with the automatic update. Simply download or purchase a third-party software updater application and permit it to do everything on your behalf. But, we do not recommend you either in any condition to use them as these applications might harm your privacy.
Now, talking about the manual method, there are two tricks that you can use. The first one is to download the latest update from your GPU driver manufacturer’s official website, and the second one is to update it through the Device Manager.
Fix 4: Verify the Integrity of Your Game Files
It is another fix that we have or that you can use to fix the Runescape that keeps crashing on Windows 11 PC. So, to verify the integrity of your game files, follow the steps given below:
- Launch your Steam client application on your Windows 11 PC.
- Now, navigate to the Library tab.
- After that, locate and right-click on the RuneScape.
- From the opened drop-down menu, click Properties.
- Now, go to the Local Files.
- Then, you need to click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Once the process completes, launch the game and check if it is now running smoothly or keeps crashing on your Windows 11 PC. However, if you still didn’t get any luck to fix the issue, follow the last fix that we have.
Fix 6: Adjust the Graphics Settings
Although the game doesn’t require a high-end graphics card, many users reported that after they tweak some changes in their graphics settings, they can successfully get rid of the Runescape keeps crashing issue on Windows 11 PC. So, you may also try it. However, we have some suggestions, so follow the recommendation given below:
- Open the RuneScape on your Windows 11 PC, and click on the Options menu.
- Then, select Settings.
- Now, shift to the Graphics tab and set the graphics setting from Low or Mid settings.
- After that, finally, tweak these settings as follow:
- Anti-aliasing: Disable
- Water detail to Low
- Depth of field: Disable
- Ambient occlusion: Disable
- Bloom: Disable
- Shadows: Disable
That’s it. Now, launch the Runescape and check if it is now crashing anymore or not. However, in the worst case, if it still crashes. Then we recommend you contact the support team and ask them to assist further in fixing the Runescape that keeps crashing on Windows 11 PC.
RuneScape is one of the best free MMOs that we recommend you to play in 2021. Surprisingly, Jagex in 2001 made such a game that will still be interesting to play even after almost two decades. Well, I hope you enjoyed the article and now quickly get rid of the Runescape that keeps crashing on Windows 11 PC. So, that’s it for this guide. I will catch you in the next one. But, if you have any doubt or even a suggestion, you can reach us in the comment section. Furthermore, for more content, you can visit our website regularly.