The people who do not know LineageOS is an operating system that is mostly used in smartphones, tablet computers, and set-top boxes. It is free software mainly for android. CyanogenMod is the predecessor of LineageOS. LineageOS is a very famous and open resource operating technology. However, its custom ROM officially supports more than 180 Android phones and has been installed over 1.7 million times.
Lineage OS was invented in 2016 as a stock-like Android custom ROM, following the collapse of the corporate-backed CyanogenMod assignments. Since then, it has gone through several major updates, but Lineage OS has continued to bring a stock-like Android (and optionally Google-free) experience to dozens of phones and tablets.
Earlier, When it came to Read-Only Memory (ROM), CyanogenMod was the leading name, and later, popular companies like the OnePlus and a few Micromax devices had adopted it as their primary operating system. So, let’s start with the guide:
Some Important Steps To Replace LineageOS Recovery with TWRP
The custom recovery allows you to install custom ROMs, take android backups, install custom kernels, and install many more apps that normal devices do not allow. As most people are used to TWRP Recovery by now and know about its functionality and features, there is no reason as such why one prefers using the LineageOS Recovery.
Since you have already got LineageOS installed, it’s safe to assume that your device’s bootloader is unlocked. You should also enable USB rectifying on your device. This would be needed in order for your device to be recognized by your PC in ADB Mode.
Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > sanction USB Debugging.
Next up, download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your computer. This will offer you the specified ADB and Fastboot binary files. Finally, boot up the TWRP Recovery for your device. You could download the definite and authoritative build from the TWRP website. For more info, go to the XDA Forum.
The Process: –
Before installing any custom ROM, make sure your phone bootloader is unlocked, and the phone has at least 70% charge.
- Download Lineageos zip file from the website.
- Download Gapps from a website ( google application).
- Root your device (Kingroot Application).
- Flash TWRP custom recovery.
- Install Lineage OS & Gapps from TWRP recovery mode.
STEP 1: Download the Lineageos Zip File From the Website.
- Firstly, select your phone model name.
- After that, download the latest zip of Lineage OS.
STEP 2: Download Gapps From a Website (Google Application).
Well, some custom ROMs do not come with the Google application. That is why we have to download Gapps and make sure both files are located in the device’s internal memory.
STEP 3: Root Your Device (Kingroot Application).
- Download the kingroot application from the website.
- This application is not present in the Google play store.
STEP 4: Flash TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Download TWRP application from Google play store.
- TWRP Recovery helps to install all custom ROMs on any device, especially on android phones.
- Select your device name/to select the latest TWRP version/to select the TWRP file from internal memory/reboot your device into recovery mode.
STEP 5: Install Lineage OS & Gapps From TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Make sure to take a backup of your phone.
- Wipe cache, data & cache
- Select Dalvik/ System/ Data/ Cache
- Do not tick the internal memory as it will delete all your data in the internal memory.
- Select the lineage OS zip file from the internal memory.
- Do the same for the Gapps zip file.
- Reboot your device.
- Setup your device.
Also Read: Install LineageOS (CyanogenMod) On Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
So, that’s how you can replace LineageOS Recovery with TWRP. We hope this guide has helped you. However, although we have tried our best to make you under this complicated topic in a very easy way, but there are possible chances that you may still have any questions on your mind. Therefore, if that’s the case, then make sure to comment below.