With Windows Hello, you can use your PIN, a facial recognition system, or a fingerprint to have instant access to your Windows 11 devices. Setting up fingerprinting or facial recognition for sign-in requires a PIN, but you can also use your PIN to log in.
However, you can secure your account on a Windows 11 PC with these security options. But, sometimes, the Windows Hello fingerprint recognition feature stops working, due to which you are not able to log in to your desktop. Nevertheless, not many users know how to disable or remove the fingerprint recognition feature on their Windows 11 PC.
That’s why we are here with this guide. Here we have described all the necessary steps that are related to helping you if you are unable to remove the Windows Hello fingerprint security. So, let’s get started with them and check out the steps.
Steps to Remove Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition in Windows 11
Here are the steps that will help you disable the Windows Hello fingerprint security feature. So, make sure to follow them carefully, one after the other. Therefore, let’s get started with them:
- On your computer, go to the Settings application. To do this, click the Settings app icon from the Start Menu or press Windows + I on your keyboard.
- Choose Accounts from the menu that appears.
- From the right side of the window, select Sign in.
- You can sign in using your fingerprint by selecting the Fingerprint recognition option located under Ways to sign in.
- In the Fingerprint recognition section, click on the Remove this sign-in option button.
- Then, verify the account password, then click OK. Then, click the Remove button again.
Also Read: Fix: Windows 11 Hello Face Recognition Not Working After the Recent Update
From Author’s Desk
Windows Hello is a great feature, but sometimes it may start bothering you as it suddenly stops working. Well, it may be due to some bugs that are causing this error. But, Microsoft will soon provide some fixes to this; therefore, we suggest you remove the Windows Hello fingerprint recognition in Windows 11 PC using the steps mentioned above. So, that’s all from my side. We hope that this guide has helped you. But, in case you have any questions, comment below.