Fix: Oddworld: Soulstorm Crashing On PC
From beautiful cutscenes to gorgeous environments, Soulstorm is a sight to behold. Better platforming and modern touches make this reimagining of Abe’s Exodus truly exceptional. There are so many things to love with this game, to be honest. But, still, many users would have been dropped playing the game after a few days. In addition, there is some seriously game crashing on PC bugs out there (i.e., sudden corrupted save checkpoints, missing Mudokons, Hidden walls, etc.) that borders the line of unplayable.
Recently, most of the user started complaining about the several bugs present in the game that ruins the whole gaming experience and the excitement of the game. However, Oddworld: Soulstorm crashing on PC is one of them. To be honest, this is a quite frustrating error, especially when you are in the middle of an intense match.
Meanwhile, after brainstorming the reason behind this error, we have found some solutions to fix this error mentioned further in this article. So, now without gossiping here, let’s get started with the guide so that you can again start playing the game.
How to Fix Oddworld: Soulstorm Crashing On PC
The game already sickened delays due to COVID-19 and was released around six months late. I feel there are some aspects of the game rushed to meet deadlines. However, that’s the reason why the game has launched with strange physics bugs. Anyway, now talking about the fixing procedure, it isn’t that complicated. Yes, you head it right! You just require to simply follow the methods we describe below to get rid of the game crashing on PC error.
Fix 1: Check If Your PC Meet The Minimum Requirement
This is not a fix; it’s just to make sure that your PC is powerful enough to run the game without any known issue. So now, if you are unsure whether your device meets the minimum requirement or what the Clancarousel recommended specification is to run the game? Then, you can compare your PC specs with the specs mentioned below:
- OS: Windows 7
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 670 or similar
- CPU: Intel Quad Core 1.7 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 8GB
- DISK SPACE: 20GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bits with the latest patch updates
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 or similar
- CPU: Intel Quad Core 2.3GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 16GB
- DISK SPACE: 20GB
So, these were the specifications that you need to run the game without encountering any errors. Now, to check your device specs, open the run box and search for dxdiag. Then under the System Tab, there are mentioned the details about your OS and RAM. After that, if you shift to the Display Tab, then you will get details about your GPU. So, you can check and if you find that your device is powerful enough to run the Oddworld: Soulstorm. Then, follow the next potential fix.
Fix 2: Update Your GPU Driver
It is the most important step that makes our PC fast and reliable. Unfortunately, most of us always ignore this as we think there is no link between the GPU driver and application. But, you would be surprised knowing that GPU drivers play a vital role when it comes to running the game or applications smoothly. That’s why we always recommend you keep your GPU drivers up-to-date. Now, how to update your GPU drivers? Well, two ways are using which you can update your GPU driver.
Either you update it through the official website of your GPU manufacturer or directly from the device manager. The choice is yours, that which method you think is easier for you. Also, we do not even recommend you to use any third-party software to update your drivers as they may harm your PC.
Fix 3: Run the Game With Admin Rights
Sometimes running the game with Administrator privileges will help you to run the game smoothly on your PC as it allows your game to access protected system resources. However, sometimes the game client doesn’t get the required permission from your system, which leads to crashing the game. So, in that case, you need to run the Oddworld: Soulstorm with admin rights in order to prevent the crashing issue on the PC. Meanwhile, follow the given steps to do so:
- First of all, use your keyboard and press the Windows key to open the search bar and search for Epic Game Launcher.
- Now, right-click on the Epic Game Launcher from the search result and select the Run as Administrator option from the drop-down context menu.
- After that, if prompted, hit the Yes button to grant permission to proceed.
Fix 4: Verify The Game Files
It is the best option to check if there are any damaged or corrupted files are there in your game files. This process is not limited to only verification of corrupted files but also repair those files. However, verifying your game files isn’t rocket science at all. It’s an easy and simple method that you must perform. So, follow the steps given below to verify your Oddworld: Soulstorm game files via Epic Games Launcher:
- First of all, open your launcher and navigate to the Library section.
- After that, from the installed games list, find out the Oddworld: Soulstorm.
- Then, click on the cog icon located in the lower right corner of the window.
- That’s it. Now, in the next window, tap on the Verify button to initiate the verification process.
- Now, you have to wait until the verification process is finished for the Oddworld: Soulstorm game files. Then, simply reboot your PC and run the game to check if the crashing on the PC gets resolved or not.
Fix 5: Allow The Launcher Through Firewall
Allowing your game through the firewall is also a good option. It will permit your game to use the required resources because sometimes, your firewall blocks the application due to security concerns. So, it might be possible that your firewall conflict with the game and does not allow it to run on your PC. In that scenario, you need to allow your Epic Game launcher through the firewall. However, to do so, follow the steps given below:
- At first, use your keyboard, press and hold the Windows key + R key simultaneously to launch the Run prompt box.
- Then, in the text field, type in control firewall.cpl and hit the enter key.
- Now, in the next window, you need to click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the bulk of settings.
- Now, on the next page, browse the list and check if the Epic Games Launcher is included in the allowed apps list. If not, then add it to the allowed apps list and hit the OK button to save the changes.
- Finally, launcher the game from the launcher and check if the crashing issue on PC from Oddworld: Soulstorm gets fixed.
Fix 6: Check for Update and Install the Latest Patch
In the recent update, there might be possible that there was some bug that causes the game to crash. However, to fix this issue, developers have to release some patch notes to fix the error. So, you must regularly check if there is any update available.
Suppose you find any latest patch update rolling out from the developer’s side, download and install it. Meanwhile, if there is no latest patch update available from the developer’s side, then you must follow the next potential method to fix the crashing issue on the PC.
Fix 7: Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes your application may crash due to conflict with any other software. So, in that case, performing a clean boot might be the best option that you must do. Performing a clean boot will give you a clean set of resources by narrow down the programs and services so that you can run the Oddworld: Soulstorm. So, here are the steps to perform a clean boot on your PC:
- First of all, use your keyboard and hit the Windows key + R key simultaneously to invoke the run prompt box.
- Then, inside the text field, type MSConfig and hit the enter key.
- Now, shift to the Services tab and checkmark the box next to Hide all Microsoft Services.
- After that, navigate through the list and checkmark the boxes that belong to your hardware manufacturer. Also, don’t forget to uncheck the rest of the boxes.
- Finally, hit the OK button to apply the changes you’ve made and reboot your PC. Then, open your launched and run the game to see if the Oddworld: Soulstorm crashing issue on the PC gets resolved.
Also Read: Minecraft: How To Build a Farmland
Fix 8: Reinstall The Game And Launcher
Unfortunately, if even after following the above methods, you’ve exhausted and are about to uninstall the game or shift to another game. Then, we recommend you try reinstalling the game as well as the launcher because perhaps this is the last option that you have to fix the Oddworld: Soulstorm crashing issue on the PC.
So, that’s it for this guide, as we have explained all the possible fixes that you can use to fix the Oddworld: Soulstorm crashing issue on the PC. Now, if you still find no luck while fixing this, ew recommend you contact the technical support team. Then, ask them for help so that your game gets repair easily. Now, I’m signing off for now and catch you soon in the next one until then. If you have any doubts, don’t be hesitate to contact us in the comment section. Also, you can regularly visit here to read more about such kinds of exciting guides.