It stands for Dynamic Link Library, DLL files are executable programs (like software); however, they can not be launched or opened by the user. This is because every program has this file itself, and if any application doesn’t have this .dll file, it fails to run on your Windows PC.
Originally, the .dll files were created by Microsoft for good deeds, but it seems like nowadays, users are facing many related issues due to this. However, talking about the recent case, then some users complain that after the recent Windows 11 update, they are getting a missing ddraw.dll error whenever they try to run an application.
But, nothing to worry about because, in this guide, we have explained the method to fix the missing ddraw.dll issue. So, make your mark take our lead to fix this .dll issue.
Methods to Fix The Missing ddraw.dll Error in Windows 11
Here are a few methods that will surely help you resolve the missing ddraw.dll error in Windows 11 PC. So, make sure to do not skip any of the methods mentioned here. Therefore, make your mark take our lead to fix it:
Method 1: Use SFC Scan
Firstly, you can run the full system file scan using the command prompt, and here are the steps that you require to follow to do so:
- Initially, go to the Windows Search bar and search for Command Prompt. Then, open it using the admin privileges.
- After that, execute the following command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Now, execute this command to initiate the SFC scan:
- That’s it. Now, depending upon the size of your system file, it may take much longer time to complete. Once done, restart the Windows system and check if the missing ddraw.dll error on your Windows 11 PC gets fixed or not.
Method 2: Re-register the ddraw file
If, after the SFC scan, you didn’t find anything doubtful that caused the error, then you can try re-register the draw files on your Windows 11 system. So, to do so, here are the needy steps:
- Firstly, go to the Windows Search bar and search for Command Prompt. Then, open it using the admin privileges.
- After that, execute the command one after the other:
regsvr32 /u ddraw.dll regsvr32 ddraw.dll
Method 3: Scan for Malware
It is very often that ddraw files get attacked by some ransomware or virus. So, it is very important to scan your ddraw.dll files using your antivirus. But, yeah! We do not recommend you to use a free version of antivirus as sometimes it may also contain bugs that further harm your PC.
So, always use a premium antivirus when it comes to your privacy protection. However, if you have an original activated Windows 11, then you do not need any third-party antivirus as the Windows Firewall is enough to protect your PC.
Method 4: Scan the Registry
Now, the next action that you can try is to scan your Windows 11 registry file but to do so, you must have the CCleaner Installer that you can download from the given link directly.
- Firstly, launch the CCleaner’s installer in order to add the utility software to your Windows PC.
- After that, hit the CCleaner icon. Then, on the next page, hit the Registry option to open CCleaner’s registry cleaner.
- Now, checkmark the box located in front of the Missing Shared DLLs along with the other option for whom you want to scan for.
- Then, hit the Scan for Issues option to scan for registry issues.
- Once the scan gets completed, click on the Fix selected Issues button. This will automatically repair the registry entries that are listed.
- After that, if the window pop-ups and tell you to back up the registry, then hit the Yes button and choose a folder to save the file. Then, hit the Save button.
- Finally, hit the Fix All Selected Issues button to repair the registry.
Method 5: Reinstall the Software
Are you still stuck with the same error? Don’t worry! You can now try reinstalling the software using the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, launch the Run box and search for appwiz.cpl.
- Now, simply locate and select that software which returns the ddraw.DLL error.
- Then, hit the Uninstall button to delete that software from your Windows 11 PC.
- After that, follow the on-screen instruction to remove it completely from your device.
That’s it. Once done, simply reboot your Windows device and check if the missing ddraw.dll error gets fixed or not.
Method 6: Save a New ddraw.dll to Windows
Now, in case you get tired of trying different methods to fix the DLL error, then try this method, and you’ll surely be able to fix the issue. You need to save a totally new ddraw.dll file to your Windows 11 PC, and to do so, DLL-Files.com will help you as there you will get a repository of DLL files for 32 and 64-bit Windows 11 platforms.
Therefore, save a new ddraw.dll to Windows from DLL-Files.com. Once you have saved the file, you have to unzip that file and put that file into the C:WindowsSystem32 folder.
After that, you need to register the ddraw file on your PC using the command prompt. So, run the command prompt using admin privileges and execute the command: regsvr32 ddraw.dll
So, that’s how you can fix the missing ddraw.dll error in Windows 11 PC. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, for further info and queries, comment below.