Fix: Microsoft Store Not Opening in Windows 11
Did you also notice that after updating to the latest version of Windows 11, some of our cherished features starts not working? Recently, users started finding another issue that Windows 11 has. Whenever they try to access the Microsoft Store, it is not opening.
Well, that’s weird because in order to download any important application, most of us, instead of floating to Google, like to use the Microsoft Store. However, while cramming this error, our team found that in some cases, it is the security software that interposes with the app and won’t allow the Microsoft Store app to open.
So, is there any fix available to this sickening error? Of course, yes, and that we call below in this guide. Meanwhile, if you are facing the Microsoft Store not opening error, you can try the fixes mentioned below and check if you find some luck. So, now without misusing any more time, let’s incite with this.
How To Fix Microsoft Store Not Opening In Windows 11
There could be numerous reasons why this error occurs. But, currently, the main culprit wouldn’t get classified. It could be anything like it would be your advanced protection system, your firewall, any temporary software glitch, network issue, etc. But, as per my experience, the most probable reason for this error is your Windows protection or your Antivirus.
Anyway, let’s move to the available fixes that you need to perform. But, before we move further, make sure to do not leave the guide in mid-way as this results in you find yourself no way in fixing this because every fix is important.
Fix 1: Disable Proxy Connection
The foremost thing that you can try is, disable the proxy connection. Many users worldwide reported that this helps them to fix the related issue. Although it may be possible that this fix is not working for each case, it totally depends upon the error. Anyway, here are the steps to disable your proxy connection:
- Firstly, open your windows search bar and type internet options. Then, select the Internet Options from the list.
- Now, hover over to the Connections tab, and select the LAN Settings option.
- You need to uncheck the box located in front of the Use Proxy Server for your LAN in the next windows. Then, hit the OK button to save that. That’s it. Now, your proxy connection is disabled. So, check if now the Microsoft Store is working.
Fix 2: Check Your Antivirus
As we have already stated that this will be the most common reason why you are getting this error, so sometimes, your Antivirus may conflict with the app, and due to security concerns, it won’t allow you to use any particular application. So, I’ll suggest you temporarily disable your Windows firewall or even if you are using a third-party antivirus.
After that, try opening the store to check if your Antivirus is the main culprit or not. If it is now opening, it means your Antivirus causes the reason behind this. But, if it is not fixed yet, don’t lose hope as we have more solutions to fix the Microsoft Store not opening issue.
Fix 3: Run Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter
Here are the steps to run Microsoft Store apps troubleshooter, make to follow them carefully:
- Hover to the Settings app. Now, click on Update & Security tab.
- After that, follow the path: Troubleshoot< Microsoft Store Apps< Run the troubleshooter.
- Then, follow the on-screen guidelines in order to finish the troubleshooter.
Fix 4: Reset Microsoft Store App
If you are still struggling with the same error, you can try resetting the Microsoft Store on your Windows 11 PC. However, to do so, here are the steps:
- Hover to the Settings app. Then, click on the Apps tab.
- Now, a list of installed applications will be opened. So, locate and select the Microsoft Store.
- After that, when you select the Microsoft Store, it will expand. So, you need to click on the Advanced option.
- Then, hit the Reset button. Now, it will again pop up a confirmation window. So, select the Reset option again.
Fix 5: Re-registry Microsoft Store App
You must give it a shot, as many players find this helpful in their cases. You just need to use Windows PowerShell and execute some commands. However, once the commands are executed successfully. You’ll find that the Microsoft Store not opening will be entirely resolved. So, here are the steps to do so:
- First of all, open the Windows PowerShell with admin rights (run as administrator).
- Now, when the PowerShell window appears on your computer screen, you can just use the following command and hit the enter key.
- That’s it. Now, when the process is finished, you’ll be noticed that your Mircosoft Store is now working properly.
Fix 6: Bonus Fixes
- Check if your PC or Laptop’s date and time are correct. If not, then correct it.
- Another thing you can do is, search and open WSReset.exe to reset your system’s store cache.
- Check if you set the correct region according to your time zone.
- Also, you can hover to the Update And Security and hit on the check for update button to check if there is any update available.
- You may also try creating a new user account and then try again.
- Still, no luck? Contact to Microsoft technical support team.
So, these were some known fixes that you can try to fix the Microsoft Store not opening issue. We hope this guide helped you. Now, use the comment section and give us feedback on which one helped you to fix this.