RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) is used to remotely manage roles and features in Windows Server. You can install it on your Windows 11 PC using the GUI through Apps and features or PowerShell. Meanwhile, installing is not an easy task; you need to have some technical knowledge for that.
But, don’t worry! We are here for you. If you don’t know the essential steps to install the RSAT on Windows 11 PC, you can follow the guide till the end because we explained the different methods to do so here in this article. Therefore, let’s get started with it.
What is RSAT?
Remote Server Administration Tools, or we say RSAT is a collection of various programs for IT pros on Windows 11. For example, the RSAT helps you to manage Servers from a Windows 11 computer. But it’s not software that is pre-installed on your Windows 11 PC.
So yes, you need to install the Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for your Windows 11 because it’s an optional feature or as a feature on demand. So, here’s the list of remote server administration tools that you can use on your Windows 11 PC:
- RSAT- Failover Clustering Tools
- RSAT- File Services Tools
- RSAT- System Insights Module for Windows PowerShell
- RSAT- Volume Activation Tools [KMS server console]
- RSAT- BitLocker Drive Encryption Administration Utilities
- RSAT- Active Directory Certificate Services Tools
- RSAT- Group Policy Management Tools
- RSAT- Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Services Tools
- RSAT- DHCP Server Tools [used to configure and manage DHCP server on Windows Server]
- RSAT- DNS Server Tools
- RSAT- IP Address Management [IPAM] Client
- RSAT- Data Center Bridging LLDP Tools
- RSAT- Shielded VM Tools
- RSAT- Remote Access Management Tools
- RSAT- Remote Desktop Services Tools
- RSAT- Server Manager
- RSAT- Storage Migration Service Management Tools
- RSAT- Network Controller Management Tools
- RSAT- Network Load Balancing Tools
- RSAT- Storage Replica Module for Windows PowerShell
- RSAT- Windows Server Update Services Tools.
Methods to Install RSAT on Windows 11
There are basically a few methods that you can use to install the RSAT on your Windows 11 PC. So, here are those methods, make sure to follow every step carefully we have mentioned:
#1. Use Windows Powershell
- Firstly, open the Windows Powershell using the admin privileges.
- Then, execute the command:
Add-WindowsCapability -online -Name Rsat.ActiveDirectory.DS-LDS.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0
- Now, to install some additional tools, you need to execute the following commands one after the other:
Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.FileServices.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.GroupPolicy.Management.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.IPAM.Client.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.LLDP.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.NetworkController.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.NetworkLoadBalancing.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.BitLocker.Recovery.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.CertificateServices.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.DHCP.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.FailoverCluster.Management.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.RemoteAccess.Management.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.RemoteDesktop.Services.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.ServerManager.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.Shielded.VM.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.StorageMigrationService.Management.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.StorageReplica.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.SystemInsights.Management.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.VolumeActivation.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0 Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name Rsat.WSUS.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0
#2. Use Features on Demand (FoD)
- Initially, click on the Start menu and click on Settings > Apps.
- After that, select the Optional Features option and click on the View Features located in front of the Add an optional feature option.
- Now, you’ll get two options:
- RSAT: Remote Access Management Tools
- RSAT: Remote Desktop Services Tools
- Now, from the two options, you have to select the RSAT: Remote Access Management Tools and hit the Next button.
- After that, hit the Install button, and you’ll see that the RSAT installation gets started.
That’s it. Once it’s done, you will be able to use RSAT on your Windows 11 PC. Also, there is no need to reboot after the installation is done.
How To Run The RSAT Tool?
Here are the guidelines that you require to perform in order to run the RSAT tool on your Windows 11 PC:
- Firstly, hover to the Windows Search bar and search for Windows Tools.
- After that, open it, and on the next page, all the RSAT components that you have installed will appear. Therefore, to open any one of them, simply double-click on it.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to install the RSAT tool on your Windows 11 PC. We hope that this guide has helped you. However, in case you still have any doubt, comment below.