Install Pixel Experience on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
Pixel experience is something that every user wants to use to get their hand on the latest Android features. Pixel experience will give you a bloat-free user interface, including the stock android goodies. Meanwhile, the tech-savvy persons or one who has a bit older device may want to use the pixel experience stock android custom ROM- especially when the user has a smartphone-like Remi Note 5 pro.
So, if your eyes are looking for a guide on how to install Pixel Experience on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, then most probably, you are in the right heaven. Yes, this article will explain all the necessary steps to take while installing the Pixel Experience custom ROM. So, don’t leave the guide in midway and read the article all the way to the end so that you couldn’t miss out on any step, as this will resulting in a loss of data. Now, without further ado, let’s get started with it.
How To Install Pixel Experience on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Installing a custom ROM on your device is a bit complicated task to do. Yes, you need deep knowledge about it. However, we recommend you first take a backup of your device’s data so that if anything happens, your data will be safe there.
Why Pixel Experience?
As the name sounds, Pixel Experience provides you with clean UI without any bloat-ware and unnecessary applications. In simple words, you will experience a clean stock android like experience. However, as we know, Redmi Note 5 Pro is one of the oldest devices of Redmi, and Redmi already stopped updates for this device. So, there is no harm to do this experiment as you would get a tremendous smooth user experience after using the Pixel experience in your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Some other major things you get from the Pixel Experience, such as the Pixel launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation, etc. Also, do not install the Gapps, as they are already included in this package. Now, I think you understood why we recommend you to give it a try? So, for whom we are waiting? Let’s get started with the standard requirements that you need to take care of while installing the Pixel Experience.
Standard Requirements To Install Pixel Experience
Before we are heading towards the procedure of installing the custom ROM on our Redmi Note 5 Pro, we must keep in mind some standard requirements to install the PixelExperience. So, l et’s take a look at them and see the criteria that we need to make sure of before initiate the installation procedure. Here are some pre-requisites:
- First of all, download ADB and Fastboot on your Windows or Mac PC (whyred)
- Your Phone should be at least 80 – 85% charged.
- This process will WIPE all your DATA present in your smartphone, so it is better to backup your data.
- Install TWRP Custom Recovery before you perform the below steps to install Pixel Experience.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Redmi device so that your smartphone helps you to connect your device to a PC. However, to enable USB Debugging mode, you to follow this path, go to the Settings, and click on the About Phone. Then, hover over to the Build number and simply tap 3-4 times over it in order to be a developer. Once you are a developer, click on the setting and go to the Developer option. Then, click on USB Debugging to enable it.
Steps To Install Pixel Experience:
Carefully follow these steps because if you missed any of the steps will resulting in brick your smartphone. So, make sure you follow the procedures step-by-step. Here are the steps:
- Then, unlock the bootloader. If you don’t know how to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 5/ 5Pro, go through our guide to know.
- After that, install the TWRP recovery on your smartphone. Don’t know how to do it? Then, check out the TWRP Recovery guide to successfully install it. The initial step is to download Pixel Experience ROM (whyred) for your device on your PC.
- Then, you need to take the original USB cable to connect your device to your PC.
- Now, simply place your downloaded Zip file in your Phone’s internal storage.
- After that, disconnect your USB cable and turn off your phone completely.
- Now, keep in mind that you require to press and hold Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously to access the recovery mode.
- Now, use the WIPE Button once you are in recovery mode. Meanwhile, we recommend you perform a factory reset using the Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Then, hover over to the TWRP Home menu and use the Install button to open the list of files present on your internal storage. So, choose that zip file that you have downloaded and placed on your internal storage.
- Now, use the Swipe to Confirm Flash button to initiate the installation process.
- Then, in the next window, click on the Wipe cache/Dalvik option to prevent any boot loop by cleaning your ROM.
- Once the installation is finished, hit the Reboot system option.
- That’s it. Now you have to wait for a couple of minutes as it takes around 10 to 15 minutes to reboot and install the PixelExperience on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Congrats! Now, you have installed your custom ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro. You can then install all the necessary applications that you wish to use and enjoy the stock android experience. Also, first check if all the features are working or not such as calling, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. If not, then it means you have to flash them manually.
So, that’s it for this guide. We hope you successfully installed the Pixel Experience on your Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you are stuck while installing the ROM on your device, feel free to ask us for assistance. Also, mention if you have any queries or suggestions for us.