Install LineageOS (CyanogenMod) On Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
CyanogenMod is a discontinued open-source Android-based operating system. However, a few years back, it is dead, and our beloved LineageOS took its place. There was a time when peoples are crazy about CyanogenMod. But, unfortunately, due to some internal conflicts in Cynogen Inc., this service gets discontinued.
But, we do not have to get disappointed because LineageOS replaces it completely. Over the years, LineageOS get a lot of love and affection from the users. People love to use the lite weight and fast LineageOS on their smartphones. This new custom ROM not only give you a new look to your old phone but gives your freedom to customize as per your need.
Anyway, here in this guide, I will guide you and explain to you how you can install LineageOS (CyanogenMod) on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (2016). So, without any further ado, let’s hover to the steps.
Install Lineage OS (CyanogenMod) On Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Currently, the newest version of this OS is 18.1, and according to reports, the new update is going to roll out anywhere soon. So, I will suggest you bookmark this page. We will keep updating the links present in the guide with every update. Now, let’s head toward the guide.
Before you perform the steps give below, you need to take a few things:
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 has fully charged.
- Back up your essential data.
- Install the TWRP recovery on your Tab S2.
- Use the Tab S2’s original USB cable to connect your Tab S2 to your PC.
- Download the correct Zip file that is compatible with your device.
Steps to Install the LineageOS on Your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- First of all, you require to install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
- After that, you need to download the lineageOS zip file on your PC. Don’t worry! You don’t need to wonder that from where you get this. Simply find your Zip file here.
- Now, copy that file into your Galaxy Tab S2’s internal storage.
- After that, you require to shutdown and boot your Tab S2 into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, press the Vol Up + Home + Power button altogether.
- Now, once you are in Recovery mode, simply hit the Wipe button followed by Advanced Wipe.
- Then, format the partition except the Internal Storage where you have placed your Zip file.
- After that, hover back to the TWRP menu and select the Install button, then browse the Zip file that you have saved recently.
- Now, after selecting the zip file, Swipe the button to flash it on your Tab S2.
That’s it. Now, wait until the process is finished, as it takes time to flash on your Tab S2. Then, it is completed. Then, simply restart your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Once done, enjoy your LineageOS.
So, that’s it for this tutorial. We hope this tutorial helped you. Would you please share your valuable feedback as well as queries in the comment section down below? If yes, then it would be appreciated.