This game is a work of absolute mastery! Horizon Forbidden West exceeds everyone’s expectations. With Forbidden West, her quest continues to find the backup of GAIA to restore the biosphere and fulfil Dr. Sobek’s dream. In the first game, Aloy saved the world from derailed machines, but now in Forbidden West, it is her task to restore the biosphere and fulfil Dr. Sobek’s dream.
Everything was working fine until the last update. Unfortunately, after the last update for many users, the Horizon Forbidden West gets stuck on an infinite loading screen on PS4/PS5 consoles. However, fortunately, developers have stated that they are very well aware of this problem, have started investigating it, and will provide a fix ASAP!
But, until then, what can you do? Don’t worry! Hopefully, this guide will help you if you’re also getting stuck on an infinite loading screen while playing your beloved game Horizon Forbidden West on PS4 or PS5.
How To Fix Horizon Forbidden West Stuck on Infinite Loading Screen on PS4/PS5
Fixing the infinite loading screen on PS4 or PS5 while playing Horizon Forbidden West isn’t a big deal; you can easily resolve the issue by using the methods mentioned below. But, before we start with them, make sure to reboot your PlayStation so that your device gets a fresh new start.
Fix 1: Select Performance Mode
Using the performance mode while playing any game may help you to resolve the infinite loading issue. Therefore, in case you don’t know about that, here are some points that will help you enable this option:
- Open your PS4/PS5 Settings.
- Select Save Data > App Settings.
- Scroll down to Game Presets.
- Now, you have three options Performance, Resolution, or Game Default.
- Then, select performance mode instead of game default.
That’s it. Now, to apply these settings, just reboot your PS4/PS5 and check if you are still stuck on the infinite loading issue or not.
Fix 2: Clear Cache on PS4/PS5
Clearing the cache data is also the right option to resolve this issue as sometimes the cache data stored on our device’s RAM may get corrupted due to various reason which causes this type of issue. So, flushing the RAM via rebooting your device will help to repair the infinite loading screen issue.
- Initially, you need to Shut down the console.
- Then, wait for 60 seconds.
- Now, turn back on and try launching Horizon Forbidden West.
- Firstly, you must have to turn off PS5.
- Then, press & hold the power button. After that, release the button second beep.
- Now, plug in the DualShock controller using a USB cable.
- After that, go to option 5 and select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- That’s it. Now, finally, click on “Clear System Software cache”> Press OK.
Fix 3: Make Sure Your Internet is Working
The Horizon Forbidden West needs an active internet connection to connect to its game server. So, you need to make sure that your internet is stable and working.
Therefore, to make sure that your internet is working or not, you can navigate to the Ookla Speed Tester site and test your connection. After that, if you find that the internet speed is not that good, then before contacting the ISP, you can try power cycling the router.
Fix 4: Check If The Game Has Any Update
Chances are there that your game may have any pending update due to which you are getting this issue. Therefore, you can simply check out these steps to make sure that your game is updated with the latest version available.
- Find the Horizon Forbidden West icon on the Home Screen.
- Then, press the Options button on your DualShock controller.
- Now, hit the Check for update.
Fix 5: Update Your Device OS
If you are still stuck on the infinite loading issue, then chances are there that your device OS may not be updated due to which you are facing this issue. So, if you are not well aware of how to manually check for OS updates, then use these steps:
- Click Settings
- Choose System Software Update > It will then check for any updates and install them if they are available
- Firstly, from the PS5 home screen, go to Settings > System.
- Click on System Software and then click “System Software Update and Settings.”
- Then, hit the “Update System Software.”
Fix 6: Rebuild Database
If none of the methods work and help you fix the Horizon Forbidden West never-ending loading screen issue, the last option you have is to rebuild your PlayStation console. So, here are some guidelines that will help you rebuild your console database:
- Initially, turn off your PS4, and hold the power button. Then, release it after the Second Beep sound.
- Then, using the USB cable connect your DualShock controller.
- Now, simply hit the Rebuild Database.
- Firstly, turn off your PS5 and press the power button again until you hear the Second beep sound.
- Now, once you hear the beep sound, release the button and plug in your DualShock controller using a USB cable.
- After that, use your controller, select Option 5, and select the Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Then, finally, hit the Rebuild Database > Press OK.
Also Read: Fix: Horizon Forbidden West Black Screen Issue on PS4/PS5
So, that’s all on how to fix the Horizon Forbidden West gets stuck on an infinite loading screen on PS4/PS5 consoles. We hope that the troubleshooting methods we have discussed earlier in this guide. However, if you want to share your thought regarding this topic, comment below and let us know.