Are you also getting the error message you have been disconnected while playing the Forza Horizon 5?
Forza Horizon game is an indisputable gift to the eyes and ears. However, as a long-time Sony Playstation and the Gran Turismo series fan. I would be remiss if I didn’t give them due credit to Microsoft and their mastery of the open world, storyline, and automotive masterpiece, which is the entire Forza Horizon series – specifically Forza Horizon 5.
I really like the individual detail of each and every vehicle because they are so tuned, which makes the car enthusiast. In addition, a strong storyline allows for interesting gameplay and fun! But, this kind of error makes me feel very low.
Well, like you guys, I was also getting frustrated when I first encountered you have been disconnected error message, but now I’ve successfully resolved this error. So, we have clearly described all the necessary details here that will help you get rid of this error.
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 ‘You Have Been Disconnected’ Error Message
So, here are the methods that you need to perform that will help you fix the Forza Horizon 5 you have been disconnected error message. Therefore, let’s get started with it:
#1. Check Server Status
First thing came first! You can simply hover over to the DownDetector and check if there are other players who reported the same issue. Also, you can follow them on their official Twitter handle page because whenever there is an issue going with their server, they inform using their account. So, we recommend you keep your eyes on these two platforms.
#2. Power Cycle Your Router or Modem
It is very important to check out if your internet is working. To make sure that your WiFi connection gives you proper speed or not, you can simply hover to the Ookla speed tester website and check your connection speed.
Furthermore, if you find that the results in Ookla are not satisfying, then before contacting your ISP provider, you can simply power cycle your router or modem. This will help you resolve the connection issue and the Forza Horizon 5 you have been disconnected error message.
#3. Change DNS Server
This will also help you fix this error message that you are getting while playing the Forza Horizon 5. So, here are the guidelines that you need to follow:
- Open the Control Panel and hover over to the Network and Internet section.
- Then, choose the Network and Sharing Center and click on the Change adapter settings.
- Now, select and right-click on the Network for which you wish to change the DNS from Ethernet and WiFi. Then, choose the properties.
- After that, if it asks you for the admin password, type it to give your confirmation.
- After that, hover to the Networking tab and select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) found under the This Connection Uses the Following Items.
- Then, click on the properties followed by the Advanced.
- Now, switch to the DNS tab, save the existing one, and hit the Ok button.
- Then, replace the DNS with the following:
For IPv4: 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199.
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
#4. Flush DNS or Reset Connection
You can also try flushing DNS or resetting your connection because many users reported that this helped them to fix you have been disconnected error message while playing the Forza Horizon 5:
- Firstly, hover to the desktop and right-click on the Start button.
- Then, simply search for Command Prompt and open it as Run as administrator.
- Now, execute the commands one after the other:
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netsh winsock reset
#5. Whitelist Forza Horizon 5
Add the Forza Horizon 5 to the whitelist or an exclusion list on your Windows Defender app. Meanwhile, in case you don’t know how to do this, simply follow the steps we have mentioned here:
- First of all, open the Windows Defender on your Windows PC.
- After that, go to the Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings.
- Then, locate and select Add or remove exclusions found under the Exclusions section.
- After that, hit the Add an exclusion button and select Forza Horizon 5 from the list.
- Then, at last, if ask for confirmation, give it.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s all from our side on how to fix Forza Horizon you have been disconnecting the error messages. We are assuming that the methods we have discussed here helped you. For further queries, comment below. Also, if you are facing a sudden crashing issue while playing the Forza Horizon 5, follow the given link.