Fix: Forza Horizon 4 Game Not Launching or Crash At Startup
Forza Horizon 4 is a marvellous racing game that easily attracts gamers with its incredible car selection and excellent racing. After playing this game, I think that the developer of this game pays tribute to other famous racing games in a way that easily made anyone emotional who’s been in this gaming field since first NFS (something I never thought a racing game could do). Furthermore, Microsoft studios did it in a very respectful, almost adoring way that you can’t help but like.
However, for the last couple of days, users face many problems while playing this game. Some users reported that they are unable to play the game as it is not launching. At the same time, there are also a majority of users who claims that after launching, the game starts crashing.
So, guys, if you are also encountering this issue with your beloved Forza Horizon 4, you are in the right place. Yes, team Clancaoursel finds out some fixes to help you guys get out of the situation. So, now read and perform the fixes mentioned below and get rid of the not launching and game crash issue.
How To Fix Forza Horizon 4 Game Not Launching or Crash At Startup
This game offers a spacious range of stuff to do, advances to the casual or hardcore gamer, and is just full of a high level of fun in usual. You may find it painful at times, but that attains with playing more and learning how to drive diversified cars or counter various problems while driving. But, all this you can enjoy when your game run smooth and allow you to discover more and more fun.
So, in order to enjoy this overwhelming game again on your device, let’s hover to the fixing steps to fix the Forza Horizon 4 not launching or crash issue. Here is what you can do if the game is not launching or crashing, but first, let’s take a look at system requirements:
System Requirements For (Forza Horizon):
|Components||Minimum Requirements||Our Recommended|
|CPU||Intel i3-4170 or Intel i5 750||Intel i7-3820 or Higher|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Windows 10|
|GPU||NVidia 650TI or Similar/Higher||Nvidia GTX 970 or Higher/Similar|
Steps to Fix It:
- Firstly, check if there is any Windows Update available. If so, then install it on your PC.
- Now, check for GPU driver update and install the necessary updates first.
- If you are using a third-party antivirus protection software, then you need to add the Forza Horizon 4 to the exception list.
- Also, if you are using the overclocking on your laptop or PC, then we recommend you disable it while you are playing the Forza Horizon 4, as this may sometimes conflict with the game.
- Perform a clean boot to fix the not launching or game crash issue at startup. To do so, simply invoke the Run prompt box and type MSConfig, then use your keyboard and hit the enter key. Now, a System Configuration window will open. Shift to the service tab and checkmark the box located in front of the Hide All Microsoft Services. That’s it. Now, hit the disable button. Also, do the same with the startup menu and reboot your PC.
- Did you try to run the game with admin rights? If no, then try to run the Forza Horizon 4 with admin rights. To do so, simply right-click on the ForzaHorizon.exe file, and from the drop-down context menu, select the Run as Administrator.
- Still, no luck? Don’t worry! Open your browser and check the latest version available in Google for your game, and then by right-clicking on the .exe file, check the details about the current version that you have. If both were matched, then it’s OK. But, if both aren’t matched, then Download the latest patch and install it immediately.
- Kill all the background processes running in the background with the help of task manager as sometimes background running app may conflict with your game in terms of consuming resources.
- Try resetting the game, as this will revert the game to its default settings. So, to do so, hover to the Windows settings< Apps< Forza Horizon 4< Advanced Option< Reset.
#1. Clear Your Standby Memory Before Playing
Now, if you don’t know how to clear the standby memory of your Windows PC, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- You can simply visit Microsoft Store or Visit here to download the RAMMap. This is software that helps you to clear your standby memory.
- Now, once you have downloaded the RAMMap, simply extract the file and right-click on the .exe file.
- After that, a dropping-down menu will appear. You need to select the Run as Administrator. Also, if prompted for permission, click on the OK button.
- Inside the RAMMap window, shift to the Empty tab. Then, from the drop-down menu, click on the Empty Standby List. That’s it. Now, you’ll see that it starts working, and within a few seconds, it restores free memory.
#2. Disable Your Microphone For Forza Horizon 4
Many players worldwide reported that by doing this, the not launching and crash at the startup error get disappeared with their Forza Horizon 4 game. So, you may also try this and check if it helps:
- First of all, you require to hover to your Windows settings and go to the Privacy tab.
- Now, from the left pane, select the Microphone option.
- After that, the list of applications that are using your Windows PC microphone will appear. Locate the Forza Horizon and disable the microphone for it by toggling the button to off position.
- Now, reboot your Windows PC and run the game to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
#3. Reinstall the Game
Still, fails to fix the error? Then, this is the last option that you can perform. If still the issue won’t get resolved, it indicates that somehow your game files get damaged, so by reinstalling the game, it will fix automatically. Therefore, here are the essential steps that you need to follow to reinstall the Forza Horizon 4:
- Before you reinstall the game, you need to uninstall the existing one first. So, to do so, invoke the windows search bar and search for Forza Horizon 4, then right-click on the .exe file. Then, select the uninstall option from the drop-down list.
- If prompted, then hit the confirm button. After that, it will start uninstalling the application and remove all the files from your device.
- Once done, hover to the Microsoft Store and search for the game. Now, there’s a list opened. You need to select the one you’ve purchased.
So, now most probably your not launching or crash at startup issue get resolved. But, in case you still find no luck? Then, get in touch with the support team for further assistance to fix this annoying error. So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix the Forza Horizon 4 not launching or crash at startup issue. We hope you find this guide helpful. However, before leaving the page, don’t forget to leave a feedback comment for us.