How To Fix The Error Message This Site Can’t Be Reached
This site can’t be reached issue in Google Chrome if you get this error while browsing the internet. But, then, the reason is that the DNS lookup failed. So, yes, most Google Chrome users usually faced this message “This site cannot be reached error Google Chrome. Well, this is very frustrating! But, is there any fix available to fix this error? Let’s find out in today’s guide. Therefore, make sure to follow each method one after the other carefully as this will help you fixing mentioned error message. So, now without killing more time, let’s get started with the guide.
How To Fix The Error Message This Site Can’t Be Reached.
This is a very common issue that we get while trying to reach any site on our browser. Sometimes, this occurs due to a bad internet connection or poor network settings. Also, it is noticed that if the site that you are trying to reach doesn’t exist. But, eventually, that is not appropriate as no one searches for a website that does not exist, right? So, then how can you fix this error? Don’t know? Follow the methods given below and easily remove this site can’t be reached error message from your web browser.
#1 Method: Reset Proxy Settings
The first method is to reset the proxy settings of your PC. To do so, follow the simple steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to access your system’s Control Panel. Then, select the Internet Options.
- Now, inside it, click on the Connections tab followed by the LAN setting. After that, simply uncheck the box located in front of the proxy server if in case it is enabled by default.
- Finally, hit the Automatically detect settings button. If it automatically detects settings, then everything is fine. But, if that’s not the case, most probably, your proxy setting has been attacked by some malware.
#2 Method: Select Automatic DNS
Did you try this? If not, let me clarify that this will help you automatically adjust the DNS settings while using the internet. So, here are the steps that you require to follow to fix this site can’t be reached:
- The very first thing you must have to do is, hover over to the Network and Sharing Center located in the control panel.
- Then, locate and click on the Wi-Fi or LAN connection.
- After that, navigate to the properties option and select the Internet Protocol Version 4 4. Now, if there is any manual DNS option is selected, then set it to automatic. That’s it. Now, your job is done.
#3 Method: Check DHCP & DNS Client Services
Don’t worry; this isn’t going to be very complicated. Yes, there are very easy steps mentioned below using which you can easily check DHCP & DNS client services. So, let’s take a look over them:
1. Firstly, navigate to the Run dialog box and search for services.msc
2. After that, you’ll get the DHCP client service. So, inspect them and ensure that it is running along with the DNS client service.
That’s it. Once you’ve enabled the DHCP client services and DNS client service, you can check if this site can’t be reached error message get disappears or not.
#4 Method: Resetting IPs, DNS & Socket
This is another best option available to fix this site that can’t be reached the issue. So, here are the steps that you must require to follow:
- First, open your cmd with administrator rights. Then, use the following command:
ipconfig / renew
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Now, if the given commands don’t work, then try out these alternative commands:
reset catalog netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ip reset
All these commands are safe to use. Therefore, you don’t require to worry about that. But, yeah! Once you execute all the mentioned commands, don’t forget to reboot your PC. However, now if even after performing the above method, you are still not able to access the site and end up getting this site can’t be reached error message. Then we recommend you use Google’s public DNS.
You can use the mentioned manual DNS:
Or go with Cloudflare’s public DNS:
#5 Method: Update/Uninstall Network Driver
You should check if there is a network driver update available via the device manager. However, if you find that there isn’t any update available, then we recommend you first uninstall the network driver and then reinstall it.
- Firstly, open the RUN prompt box and search for “devmgmt.msc” then hit the OK.
- Now, the device manager window will appears in front of you. Then, you need to expand the Networks tab.
- After that, choose the network driver and right-click on it. Then, from the drop-down list, hit the update button. Also, don’t forget to reboot your PC once you updated or reinstalled your Network Driver.
So, that’s how you can fix this site can’t be reached error message. We hope you understand the methods and successfully apply all of them. However, if you are stuck on any method mentioned above, comment down your issue below in the comment section.