Fix: FIFA 22 Keeps Crashing on Windows, Xbox, Playstation, Stadia
Recently, EA blended peoples by launching their new addition to the FIFA franchise, i.e., FIFA 22. This time the gameplay is more realistic and slow-moving. In addition, FIFA 22 relies on a lot of passing and lots of unexpected outcomes when trying to attack. All these things make you feel and experience the more realistic football world.
However, the addition of hyper motion gives a new feel to the game, and those who have been playing FIFA will definitely feel the difference. But, I think it’s not a revolutionary change as this game still has many bugs and glitches even after the official launch. For example, recently, many users started reported that the FIFA 22 keeps crashing on their Windows PC and consoles.
This is awful news for FIFA lovers that it’s not even a month since it launched, and it has already started facing the issues. So, we are just hoping that developers may do something to resolve these kinds of errors. But, until they do something, you can follow the methods we discussed below in order to fix the FIFA 22 keeps crashing error on your Windows PC and consoles.
Methods To Fix FIFA 22 Keeps Crashing on Windows, Xbox, Playstation, Stadia
FIFA is always one of the most top-rated games player worldwide. However, people blame that EA for being so pathetic that all they care about is money. But, I don’t think so as it is possible that the error is occurring from your side and EA will not have any command over this, or it’s just a technical glitch; anything will be possible.
That’s why we are here to help you if, while playing FIFA 22, the game keeps crashing and you are unable to play it. Nevertheless, before we move further, if you are playing this on your Windows PC and facing the error, then you must first check the minimum PC requirements of this game.
Minimum PC Specs Required:
- CPU: Athlon FX-8320 or i3-7300 or higher
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: Radeon HD 7950 or GeForce GTX 670 or higher
- P-SHADER: 5.0
- V-SHADER: 5.0
- VRAM: 2048 MB
Recommended PC Specs:
- CPU: AMD FX-9370 or i5-4570 or higher
- RAM: 12 GB
- GPU: Radeon R9 290 or GeForce GTX 760 Ti or higher
- P-SHADER: 5.0
- V-SHADER: 5.0
- VRAM: 2048 MB
Method 1: Reboot Your PC or Console
If the game is crashing very frequently and even after rerunning it, again and again, it does not get fixed, you can try rebooting your system and then try again to check if the crashing error is occurring anymore or not.
Method 2: Update Your GPU Driver
This might be another reason why the crashing issue occurs. You can simply check if there is any update available for your GPU from the Device Manager, or you can do this directly from your GPU manufacturer’s official website. However, if you find any update available for your GPU model, download and install it, once done, don’t forget to reboot your PC before launching the game.
Method 3: Verify Integrity Of Your Game File
It may be possible that some of your game files get corrupted or damaged. So, in that case, if you have any doubts in your mind regarding this, make sure to verify the integrity of your FIFA 22 game files. It will find out the culprit file and make sure to download and apply the fixes for that error. So, here are the steps that you need to follow to verify the FIFA 22 game files:
- Open the Steam client application and go to the library.
- Then, locate the FIFA 22 and right-click on it.
- After that, click on the Local Files followed by Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Open the Origin launcher and hover to the My Game Library.
- Then, locate the FIFA 22 and hit the repair button.
Method 4: Change the DirectX Settings
If previously, you are playing this game in DX11, and it is working fine, then it may be possible that the game cannot work with the latest version of DX. So, changing it will be the better option. But, how? Here are the steps:
- First of all, hover to the: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\FIFA 22.
- Then, right-click on the fifasetup.ini file and select the Open with option followed by Notepad.
- Now, press Ctrl+F and paste DIRECTX_SELECT. Then, hit the Next button.
- After that, use the following value after locating the right option and press the Ctrl + S to save it.
- DIRECTX_SELECT = 1, change 1 to 0
- DIRECTX_SELECT = 0, change 0 to 1
Method 5: Check For OS Update (For PC And Consoles)
As we know, Microsoft regularly rolls out their latest Windows 11 to enhance performance and fix bugs. Same with the console; therefore, it is possible that this is a technical glitch, and by update, the system software, the error gets fixed automatically. So, we recommend you to try this out and check if the game keeps crashing issue get fixed or not.
Method 6: Run As Administrator
If you are a PC player and have several accounts login into your Windows other than the admin. So, in that case, using the admin right to run the game is the best choice. You can simply right-click on the game’s .exe file and select the Run as Administrator from the opened drop-down menu.
Method 7: Tweak Some Changes To In-Game Settings
- First of all, run FIFA22 and hover towards the Game settings.
- Then, tweak these changes:
- Resolution: Windowed Borderless
- Rendering Quality: Low
- MSAAOptions: Off
You May Also Like: Fix: Kena Bridge of Sprits Keeps Crashing Issue
Some Bonus Tips:
- Disable overlay and overclocking.
- Check your game CD (console)
- Rebuilt Database (console)
- Reinstall the game (this will erase all the data, but it is assured that all the bugs, glitches, and related problems get fixed.
So, these were some fixes from our side to fix if you are facing a crashing issue while FIFA on your Windows PC or consoles. We hope this guide has helped you. Now, feel free to ask us questions if you are still facing the same error.