5 Ways to Fix If Alexa Not Playing Spotify
Nowadays, almost everyone in this world has Amazon Alexa in their house. But do you have Alexa at home? Do you feel safe having her? Smart speaker or assistant Alexa is now able to delete all conversations without complicated settings or steps. In addition, Amazon has made some recent changes that made deleting Alexa history very easy and simple.
But, after this update, users are getting furious as this update brings up many other issues. Recently, many users reported that Alexa is not playing music on Spotify. So, we are here with our latest guide, in which we explain five different ways to fix if your Alexa is not playing music on Spotify. Therefore, let’s directly get into this.
5 Different Ways to Fix If Alexa Not Playing Spotify
There are many ways using which you can easily fix this issue. But, here we accomplish those fixes that have the potential to fix this issue permanently. So, now without any further ado, let’s get started with the guide. But, before we start, make sure to power cycle your Alexa device once to make sure that if it occurs due to some random glitch or bug, then it gets fixed automatically.
#1. Check Login Status
Did you check if your Alexa device is linked to Spotify or not? If not, then this is the main reason for the issue. So, in that case, you need to check the login status on your Alexa device, and to do so, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, go to the Alexa Settings.
- Then, click on the Preferences.
- After that, select Spotify from the Music and Podcast section.
- That’s it. Now, play the music to check if the issue gets resolved. But, make sure to do not add any other device.
#2. Forget Echo
In case you have already added Amazon’s Alexa to your Spotify account, and always shows connected. Then, you can try disconnecting and reconnecting it again. Meanwhile, if you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, run the Spotify App on your mobile and log in using your account details.
- Then, hover over to the Settings option, and from the connected device, list Remove Echo.
- Now, simply close the application and restart your phone.
- Finally, link your Spotify and Echo accounts and try to play the music to check if the issue gets fixed or not.
#3. Set Default Music Service
Many users reported that in their case, this is the main culprit. They didn’t set Spotify as a default music service on their Alexa Echo device. So, you can also check this and, if needed, set Spotify as your default music service. So, here are some guidelines that you require to follow:
- Initially, you need to launch the Alexa app on your mobile.
- Then, navigate to the Music and Podcast Settings.
- Now, in the next window, simply select Spotify as your default music service.
So, these were the steps to set Spotify as your default music service, and these steps will ensure that Alexa always uses Spotify whenever you ask her to play music for you.
#4. Clear Cache And App Data
This will surely help you fix the issue and ensure that the issue will never occur again by removing the temporary files and cache data. So, in case you don’t know the steps to clear cache and app data, follow the steps given below:
- The foremost step is to open the Settings of your smartphone.
- Then, hover over to the Settings and locate the Spotify app from the list of installed applications.
- Once get it, click on it. Then, navigate to the Storage options.
- Finally, you can first try clearing the cache data and check if the issue gets resolved or not. If the issue is still there, then clear app data. Now, most probably, the issue gets resolved.
You May Also Like: Fix: FaceTime Keeps Crashing on iPhone or iPad.
#5. Reset Alexa
It is very rare that the above method won’t work unless your Alexa is going through some serious software glitch. So, in that case, resetting your Alexa may help you fix if your Alexa device is not playing Spotify music. Here are some guidelines that you require to perform to reset your Alexa device:
- Firstly, press and hold the volume down and the microphone button for at least 30 seconds.
- After that, an orange ring light will appear around your Alexa device. When it occurs means your device gets reset successfully.
- That’s it. Now, simply configure your Alexa device as you normally do with the help of your mobile application.
So, these are 5 best methods that you can try to fix if your Alexa device is also not playing music in Spotify. We hope you find this guide easy to perform. But, in case you have any issues, please do comment in the comment box down below.