What is 403 Forbidden Error and How to Fix it (2021)
Have you seen 403 forbidden errors in your browser while trying to access any website? Typically, people get distressed when they notice a 403 error on their browser pages. It can be a source of misunderstanding that we are always being ignoring. Also, there aren’t many things that we can do to fix this error most of the time.
However, there must clearly have two reasons behind this error, i.e., either it’s from your side or the content you are trying to access that you are not allowed to from the owner of that website. So, if it’s from your side, then there is something that you can do. But, if the case second is true, then there is nothing that you can do to fix this out. Anyway, don’t worry if the issue appears from your end as we got your back in this article. Yes, here we will show people How to Fix the 403 Forbidden Error. Let’s see how.
What is 403 Forbidden Error and How to Fix It (2021)
The 403 Forbidden Error occurs when you’re trying to access any webpage or any other resource that you’re not allowed to. Then, this 403 forbidden error appears because it’s a standard HTTP status code usually used by web servers to describe this type of error. Usually, users get this error for two reasons: either the owner of that website intentionally or unintentionally disabled the access of that content for the public.
However, it might be possible that you may get this error with a different name depending upon the situation. Some of the examples of error 403 are as follows:
- Error 403
- Forbidden: You don’t have authority to access [directory] on this server
- Error 403 – Forbidden
- 403 Forbidden
- HTTP 403
- HTTP Error 403 – Forbidden
- HTTP Error 403.14 – Forbidden
- Error 403
Although there aren’t many things you can do, you can still try the methods given below and see if it helps you fix the 403 forbidden error on your browser. So, without any hassle, let’s dive into the steps to fix it.
How to Fix 403 Forbidden Error?
If you are tired of this error, follow these methods as we mentioned below to fix it. But, yeah! It may be possible that these might not help every one of you as it totally depends upon the severeness.
- Firstly, you can try refreshing that page 2-3 times and check if it helps.
- Check the address that you have entered is correct or valid or not.
- Also, sometimes due to connectivity issues, this kind of problem occurs. So, check your internet connection first. Meanwhile, if you are getting this error on your mobile browser, then check if the data roaming is on.
- Still, not luck? It’s time to clear your browser’s cache and data.
- You may also try to open that URL using any other browser. However, if it is opened in that browser, this means there is a glitch in your browser.
- Check the URL and if you have proper authentication to use that content.
- If you are using a VPN, disable it as many websites blocked the users trying to access their website using a VPN.
- If nothing happens, there might be chances that the website you are trying to access is under maintenance, or the domain may expire, or the owner deleted that content.
- Now, in case you are pretty much assured that everything is fine and the problem is in your browser, we recommend you contact your particular browser’s support team and tell them about this glitch.
So, these were some effective fixes that you can try to get rid of the 403 forbidden error page. We hope you successfully fixed the issue. Meanwhile, if you are still bothered with the same 403-page error, let us know in the comment section. The Clancarousel team will soon get in touch with you and help you as far as possible.