Game distribution platform Epic Games Launcher, initially released in 2018, enables gamers to buy video games and software directly from Epic Games. In addition to Epic Games’ exclusive titles, the launcher offers downloads for the Unreal Engine game creation platform and licensed titles from third-party developers.
It has, however, been criticized as user complaints have been flooding in that the Epic Games Launcher does not open or works on their Windows 11 PC. Considering this, we are here with this guide to assist you guys in fixing the Epic Games Launcher that won’t open or not working issue on their Windows 11 PC. So let’s dive into our guide.
How To Fix Epic Games Launcher Won’t Open or Not Working in Windows 11 PC
There are a few fixes that are available using which you can easily fix the Epic Games Launcher won’t open or not working issue on your Windows 11 PC. But, here, we have noted only those that we find to have the potential to resolve this kind of error. Therefore, if you are suffering from these issues, make sure to follow the methods we have mentioned below:
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
Running the Epic launcher using the admin privileges will be the first thing that you need to do because there are changes the launcher may not get the proper permissions to use the resources of your device, due to which it is not working on your Windows 11 PC. So, to run the Epic launcher using admin privileges, you must follow the given instructions:
- Firstly, right-click on the Epic Launcher shortcut icon.
- Then, select the Properties option from the opened list.
- After that, hover to the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run This Program as Administrator. Then, punch the Apply button followed by the Ok.
Fix 2: Delete The Web Cache Folder
There is the possibility that the stored web cache data prevent it from performing correctly, due to which the Epic game launcher won’t open or not work. Therefore, make sure to follow the instruction given below:
- Press the Win + R key simultaneously and search for %localappdata%. This will open the File Explorer window.
- After that, open the Epic Games Launcher folder. Then, access the Saved folder.
- Thereafter, click on the web cache folder, and delete it. Then, reboot your PC and verify if the issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 3: Disable The Background Processes
You can use the Process tab in the Task Manager window to see all of your computer’s running applications and processes, including background processes. So, let’s take a look at the instructions that will help you disable the unnecessary processes:
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows 11 Start Menu and select the Task Manager.
- After that, shift to the Processes tab and select the processes that you think consume a lot of resources.
- Then, hit the End Task button.
Fix 4: Run the Epic Games Launcher Troubleshooter
- Firstly, press the Windows+R key altogether in order to open the Run dialog. Then, search for the control appwiz.
- Thereafter, right-click on Epic Games Launcher and choose the Repair option.
- That’s it. Once the process gets completed, reboot your PC and check if the Epic Games Launcher won’t open and not working issue gets fixed or not.
Fix 5: Check The Server
There are chances that the Epic Games server may be down, due to which the launcher won’t work. So, we advise you to check if the Epic Game server is working.
To check it, you can simply hover to the DownDetector in order to check the server status. Also, follow the Epic game on their official Twitter handle because they always keep their users updated using their Twitter handle.
Fix 6: Change Launch Property
- Firstly, right-click on Epic Games Launcher shortcut icon and click on the Properties.
- Then, Switch to the Shortcut tab and locate the Target: field. Add –OpenGL at the end. The final path will look like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" -OpenGL
Fix 7: Reinstall The Epic Game Launcher
This is the last option that we have for you, but make sure to perform this only when nothing helps you fix the error. So, let’s take a look at how you will do it:
- Press the Windows+R key altogether. This will open the Run box. So, use it to search the control appwiz.cpl to open Programs and Features.
- After that, locate the Epic Games Launcher and right-click on it. Then, hit the Uninstall button. Now, reboot your Windows 11 PC.
- Then, download the Epic Games Launcher from the given link and install it on your Windows 11 PC.
So, that’s all on how to fix the Epic Games Launcher that won’t open or not working issue on their Windows 11 PC. We hope that this guide has helped you. Moreover, if you need more help, comment below.