Do you play Elden Ring and be bothered just because it keeps crashing on Windows 11 PC? Elden Ring is an absolute masterpiece. The game has one of the most enormous and intricately detailed worlds that anyone has ever seen in gaming. But unfortunately, many players are experiencing random crashes every minute, which irritates them.
That’s terrible! There are a lot of people who experience similar issues. But, until now, there is no official fix available that you can use to fix the issue. Meanwhile, we have some workaround that will surely help you resolve the Elden Ring keeps crashing error on your Windows 11 PC. So, let’s get started with them.
Why does Elden Ring Keeps Crashing on Windows 11?
Well, there could be many factors behind why the Elden Ring keeps crashing on your Windows 11 PC. But, the most genuine reasons that we find have the potential to make your game crashes are as follows:
- PC Doesn’t Meet Minimum Requirements.
- Outdated GPU Driver.
- Outdated System OS.
- Background Processes.
- Game Has Any Pending Update.
- Corrupted Game Files.
How To Fix Elden Ring Keeps Crashing on Windows 11 PC
As we have already mentioned, all the potential reasons behind why you are facing this issue. Therefore, now to fix the Elden Ring keeps crashing issue on Windows 11 PC, you just need to perform these fixes. So, let’s have a look at them:
Fix 1: Remove The Temp Files
Possibly there are some temp files stored on your PC which prevent your game from functioning properly. So, it’s better to delete those temp files. Therefore, to do so,
- In the search bar, type %temp% and press Enter.
- Clear all the temporary files.
- Relaunch the game to see the results.
Fix 2: Check For GPU Driver Update
Did you check if your GPU driver is updated or not? If not, then you must check out the steps given below and make sure to update your GPU driver as it plays a vital role when it comes to running some high-end graphics games:
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab.
- Right-click on the GPU name.
- Select the Update Drivers option.
- Now, tap on the Search Automatically For Drivers.
That’s it. Now, once the driver gets updated, run the Elden Ring and check if it still keeps crashing on your Windows 11 PC or not.
Fix 3: Disable Steam Overlay
Still, no luck? Don’t worry; you must try disabling your Steam overlay, as sometime this may also come up as the main culprit behind why your game starts crashing. To do so,
- Go to Steam and click Library.
- Right-click Elden Ring and choose Properties.
- Uncheck the checkbox Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game in the GENERAL tab.
- Run the game again and see if the issue persists.
Fix 4: Verify Game File Integrity
There are chances that the Elden Ring keeps crashing on your Windows 11 PC because some of your game files are missing or may be corrupted, which can now be fixed by verifying your game files’ integrity. So, to do this,
- Log in to Steam and open the Library.
- Go to Properties by right-clicking on Elden Ring.
- Then click Verify integrity of game files under the LOCAL FILES tab.
- Wait for Steam to verify the game files.
Fix 5: Update Your System OS
Updating your system OS also be a good choice in order to fix the crashing issue. However, to do this,
- Open Windows Settings.
- Tap on the Windows Update tab.
- Hit the Check For Updates button.
Fix 6: Replace The DLL Files
There’s no chance it will work, but you may give it a shot if you’ve exhausted other options and are close to giving up. Be careful, though. If you are not a tech kind of person, leave this fix. So, to do this,
- Find oo2core_6_win64.dll in the game folder.
- You need to rename oo2core_6_win64.dll.
- Download and replace the old oo2core_6_win64.dll with oo2core_6_win64.dll.
- Open the Elden Ring installation folder.
- Change the name of start_protected_game.exe.
- Create a copy of elden_ring.exe.
- Name this copy start_protected_game.exe.
- You can test it by running the game through Steam and check if the keeps crashing issue on Windows 11 gets resolved or not.
Fix 7: Kill The Background Processes
There are chances that the Elden Ring keeps crashing on your Windows 11 PC just because it does not get the proper resources it needs.
However, this happens when there are several applications running in the background consuming lots of resources which prevents your game from functioning properly. Therefore, you must stop all the background process using these steps:
- Open Task Manager.
- Switch to the Processes tab.
- Now, select the application that you find consuming most of your device resources.
- Hit the End Task button. However, do the same for other applications as well.
Fix 8: Try Running The Game Using Admin Rights
If nothing helps you, try running the game using admin rights. This will surely help you resolve the error as many users previously reported that when they run the game as administrator, the game crashing issue automatically gets resolved. Therefore, you should also try this out:
- On the desktop, right-click on the Elden Ring.exe icon.
- Select Properties.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, check the Run This Program As Administrator.
- Tap on Apply > Ok to save the changes.
You May Also Like: Call Of Duty: All Dev Error Codes (Updated) 2022 | Fixed
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s how you will fix the Elden Ring keeps crashing issue on your Windows 11 PC. We hope that you find this guide helpful. Furthermore, comment below and let us know if you have any doubts or suggestions. Meanwhile, check out this guide if you want to know How to Get the Scavenger’s Curved Sword in Elden Ring.