Having the Elden Ring failed to load save data error on Xbox or PS4/PS5? Ever since Elden Ring was launched on all gaming platforms, there have been many complaints by players of their game being facing failed to load save data Elden ring Xbox one. This multi-platform error has caused many players to lose countless hours of progress, and it has been found that the error can be solved, and players don’t have to restart from the beginning. But how? Let’s find out!
Also Read: How to Get Gargoyle’s Black Axe in Elden Ring
What Are The Reason For Elden Ring Failed to Load Save Data?
The Elden Ring failed to load save data error occurs on Xbox or PS4/PS5 when a player tried to load the game, but instead of the game successfully loading the last checkpoint, the game fails to recover any data from the saved files. This error has been generally encountered by the users for two main reasons behind, i.e.,
- The error occurs due to bugs present in the game, which are not letting Elden Ring successfully recover saved files.
- Another reason why the error occurs is due to saved files being corrupt. In this case, the game is functioning properly; it is a problem with the files stored, which are not allowing the game to recover the saved progress.
How to Fix Elden Ring Failed to Load Save Data
Fixing the failed to load save data error on Elden Ring is very easy; you can do so just by performing the fixes mentioned below:
Fix 1: Relaunch The Game
In this, if the error is with your saved file being corrupted, then opening and closing the game repeatedly might ultimately solve the problem. Due to changing its state repeatedly, the game will accept the saved file and will be able to recover the saved data, letting the player continue from where he left off.
This fix applies to Xbox, PS, and PC. If you are lucky, then this should work for you; otherwise, you can try other fixes.
Fix 2: For Xbox users Only
To fix Elden Ring Failed to Load Save Data on Xbox or PS4/PS5, close the game on Xbox, remove it from ‘Quick Resume,’ then start the game again.
Xbox users can remove Elden Ring from the ‘Quick Resume to fix this error.’ Close the game and then again open the game. If you want, you can also shut down your Xbox after making the change of removing from quick resume and then restarting the Xbox. To do so,
- Click on the Xbox button and select Home.
- Select Elden Ring, click on Menu Button, and press Quit.
- Click on Quick Resume.
- Select the game you want to disable from Quick Resume.
- Click on Remove from Quick Resume and then open your game or Xbox again. However, there’s little to no chance of this fix not working. Fingers crossed.
Fix 3: Hard Reboot Your Device
Console users found a way to fix the error of not loading saved data on Xbox or PS4/PS5 by hard rebooting the consoles. Don’t worry; there will be no loss of other games and related files by hard booting your console. Instead, what will happen is that a hard reboot will fix common issues in the system and ultimately fix the error too.
Make sure everything is synchronized before you attempt to hard reboot your console, and also make sure to not lose any other game’s file.
Hard Reboot Xbox:
- Your Xbox should be powered on for this.
- Hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds until the LED in front starts flashing.
- Wait for 3 minutes for the systems to cool down.
- Turn on your Xbox and check whether Elden Ring is working or not.
Hard Reboot PlayStation:
- For PlayStation also, make sure PlayStation is turned on.
- Hold the power button until you hear fans slowing down.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- After that, try disconnecting and again connecting the power cable, and turn on the PlayStation.
- Open Elden Ring to check if it is working or not.
So, that’s how you fix the Elden Ring failed to save data error on Xbox or PS4/PS5. We hope that you find this guide helpful. However, in case you have any questions, comment below. Also, you may read Elden Ring: Eternal Darkness Sorcery Location Guide.