Facebook is one of the most prominent social media platforms in the world, with millions of users. Without a doubt, Facebook is a fantastic app with many useful features. But, unfortunately, there are some flaws, or we say limitation in Facebook, such as it does not allow you to disable comments on your profile, delete your account, and many more.
Recently, I found that many people asked me the method to disable comments on the Facebook wall or profile in the Reddit forum. So, I decided to bring up a guide on this particular topic. Therefore, if you don’t know how to do this, then don’t worry! We have some workarounds for you using which you can easily disable the comments.
List of Ways to Disable Comments on Your Facebook Wall or Profile
Although there is no direct way that Facebook provides you, we can still easily do so just by changing a few settings in our Facebook application. But, how? Let’s see!
Method 1: By Changing Facebook Privacy Settings
- For this first, you need to open Facebook on your desktop
- Log in to Facebook on the computer or your phone.
- On the upper right, click the dropdown arrow.
- Tap on the Settings & Privacy option from the dropdown menu.
- On the left menu, select Privacy. Locate the area under “Your Activity.”
- Finally, select who will be able to see your future posts.
You can decide who may see your future posts, review posts, and tags and who can see the people and pages you follow by going to the Facebook Privacy Settings.
Method 2: By Changing in an Activity Settings
The “Only Me” option indicates that only you may view your post, as well as comment on it. Here are the steps for enabling the only me option.
- Locate the post for which you want to change the privacy settings.
- After that, click on the three vertical dots in the posts in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Edit audience.”
- Select ‘Public,’ ‘Friends,’ or ‘Friends excluding…’
You can conceal your post from some Facebook users by using the ‘Friends except…’ option. Unfortunately, that also means you won’t be able to see their remarks.
- You can select the ‘Turn’ option by completing the procedures outlined above.
- Following the steps outlined above, select the ‘Turn off notifications for this post’ option from the dropdown box where you modify the post.
People can still leave comments, but you won’t be notified, making them easier to dismiss. This is a great option for one of those very contentious blogs when everyone is commenting, but you’re too busy to respond.
Method 3: Do Your Profile Review
You can also change the “review post settings.” This option, which is also available on the account settings page, triggers a pending period before any of your posts go live.
As a result, you can take the time to review anything someone attempts to post on your page, allowing you to manage your profile. In addition, now, you have the option of hiding comments that contain particular words. This option is also available on the account administration page.
You can hover over it, select “Edit,” and enter which terms you don’t want to appear on your website. Any comments posted with these phrases will be automatically hidden from your timeline, which is a convenient function.
While none of these are approved workarounds, they do provide you with more control over your Personal and Business pages than you had previously. Furthermore, if you want to go all out, you can enter a slew of often used words into the “hide comments” area and prevent practically every comment from appearing on your website.
Method 4: By filtering Your Facebook Feed
Now, it may be possible that you may still be familiar with this method. But, still in case you don’t know the steps using which you can easily do this, follow the steps we have mentioned below.
- Going into the Profile
- Tagging menu
- finding the Viewing and Sharing area is one approach to stop viewing comments.
- To the right of ‘Hide comments containing specified words from your profile,’ click the Edit button.
You can add a list of terms or phrases to block, and Facebook will automatically hide comments containing them from your profile. The person who commented and their friends will still be able to read the remarks, but you will not.
Also Read: How To Recover a Disabled Facebook Account
Method 5: By Deleting the Comments
Manually deleting comments on your Facebook Timeline is the easiest approach to effectively disable them. If you find a comment on your post that you don’t like or desire, simply delete it. Because the process differs between the browser and mobile versions of Facebook, we’ll walk you through the stages for both.
- Locate the remark you want to remove.
- Long-press the comment to make it longer.
- Select “Delete” from the menu.
These are all viable options for properly disabling or removing comments from your Facebook timeline. Limiting other people’s power over your content can be beneficial at times. However, through a variety of methods and options, you can always control how people interact with your material on Facebook. So, that’s it for today. We hope this guide helped you.