Fix: Biomutant Starts Crashing on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation
The open-world environment action-role game, Biomutant again starts facing criticism. The game is there for a while now. Still, despite of receiving positive reviews for its gameplay, Biomutant players face different issues day-by-day, such as crashing issues, freezing, etc.
Yes, surprisingly, the game nowadays starts crashes on all the platforms whether you play on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation. In contrast, users are really disappointed with this annoying error as this impact on their gameplay progression. Some of them already started uninstalling the game, while others are staring for some effective solution to fix this crashing issue.
Currently, developers aren’t made any statement regarding this problem. So, now players are wondering if there is any fix available to fix this out. Well, fortunately, yes, there are some solutions available. And guess what? We are here with all general fixes to fix the crashing issue. So, follow this guide to fix Biomutant’s starts crashing on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation problem.
How To Fix: Biomutant Starts Crashing on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation?
Usually, every game goes with the crashing phase. However, constant crashing is so much annoying for players. To fix the Biomutant crashing issue on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation, you can follow the following fixes:
Fix #1: Check the Minimum Requirements of Biomutant
The first step is to ensure that your system is fulfilling the following minimum system requirements of Biomutant:
- Operating System: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K/ AMD FX-8350
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon R9 380 or GeForce GTX 960
- Storage: 25GB available space
If your system has all of this, then move to the next fix.
Fix #2: Update your Software
It is necessary to require to update your Operating System, GPU, and the game Biomutant itself. So, check whether any update is available or not. Then also, make sure to update graphics drivers via the manufacturer’s official website.
Fix #3: Run Biomutant as Administrator
Running the game as an administrator gives permissions to the game. So, to run Biomutant as an administrator, you can follow the following steps:
- First of all, right-click on Biomutant’s desktop shortcut. If you don’t have the game’s shortcut, then right-click on the game .exe file.
- Now, you have to click on Properties> Compatibility TabThen, check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply>Ok
Now, start the PC or gaming consoles and relaunch the Biomutant to check the crashing issue.
Fix #4: Verify Integrity of the Files
Corrupted or damaged game files could be another possible reason your Biomutant starts crashing on PC and gaming consoles. So, to check integrity, you can follow the following steps:
- Restart your computer and then open the Steam> Library
- On the left side, you will find Biomutant.
- Right-click on it and then select Properties
- Now, hit the Verify Integrity of game files button (located in the local’s file section)
Once verification gets done, relaunch the game and see if the Biomutant crashing issue on PC or gaming consoles has been fixed or not.
Fix #5: Close Unnecessary Background Apps
Still, there is no luck? Then, you can try to close all the unnecessary running apps in the background, as this consumes most of your system resources. So, to force close all the background programs, you can use Task Manager App. There select all the apps running except Biomutant and click on End Task.
Fix #6: Use Windowed Mode
Windowed mode consumes less processing resources. So, to fix the crashing, you should shift to Windowed mode by following the below-given steps:
- In Steam, go to the library and then right-click on Biomutant
- Then select properties, and in the general section, set the Launch Options button
- Now, copy the codes given below in the text field:
- Click Ok and relaunch the game. Then, check if you are now able to play Biomutant without any interruptions.
Fix #7: Allow Biomutant to your Antivirus Program
You should ensure that Biomutant is added to your antivirus program. If it has not added, then add it with the help of the steps given below:
- Go to Windows Security> Virus and Threat protection>Manage ransomware protection (Under Ransomware Protection)
- Now, click on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access (under the Controlled folder access)
- You require to click on add an allowed app and select Browse all app to add Biomutant .exe file
Now, relaunch Biomutant to see if crashing is still occurring or not.
Fix #8: Stop Overclocking the GPU
If you are overclocking or Turbo boosting hardware, then we suggest you stop right now. It may cause a crashing issue on your PC or gaming consoles. Therefore, you should reset the processor or GPU to the default level. It might be the solution you were searching for t fix crashing problems.
Fix #9: Deactivate the Steam Overlay
Enabling Steam Overlay consumes lots of your resources on your system. That is why we suggest you deactivate it to fix the Biomutant crashing on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.
- The first step is to go to the Steam> library
- Now, click Biomutant and then click on Enable the Steam Overlay to disable it.
- Click Ok once the checkbox mark gets removed.
Now, start the game to check for the crashing issue. If it is still crashing, then don’t panic. However, you can still try one last fix given below.
Fix #10: Deactivate GeForce Experience Overlay
If you are an NVIDIA user then, you can also try to disable GeForce Experience Overlay. It also uses lots of your system resources. So, to disable GeForce Experience Overlay, you can follow the following steps:
- First of all, open GeForce Experience> Click Gear icon
- Under the General section, click the In-Game Overlay button to turn it off.
Fix #11: Try These Fixes If You Are a Console Player
Now, for console players, if frequently you are facing the crashing error while playing Biomutant, try these fixes and check if it helps. However, there aren’t many fixes available for consoles, but you can still use the fixes below as these help many players worldwide and have a proven track record.
- If you are a console player and find yourself in a situation where your game crashes after the loading screen appears, this means that your game disc may have some dirt. So, before you start it again, try cleaning your Biomutant game disc and insert it again to check if the issue still persists.
- If this is not the issue, try to reboot the console as sometimes, due to some random bugs and glitches or temporarily stored cache, your game starts crashing.
- Now, if you find that even after rebooting your console won’t help you fix the problem, then try reinstalling the Biomutant game and check if there is any pending update in background software updates.
- Still, no luck? Then, try to restore the software to its default settings.
- If nothing helps you, try to initialize PS4 in Safe Mode, as this helps many players fix this particular issue.
Also Read: Fix: Civilization VI Won’t Start on Steam
Congrats! You have successfully deactivated GeForce Experience Overlay. Relaunch the Biomutant on your PC, Xbox or PlayStation to play it without any crashing problems. Meanwhile, if you are still facing random crashing issues while try to playing the Biomutant, you must contact the support team and ask them for further assistance to get rid of this situation.
So, here is the guide to fix Biomutant starts crashing on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation issue ends. We hope that this was extremely helpful for you. Now, comment us in the comment section for further doubts. Furthermore, don’t skip to check out our other latest guides.