12 Minutes is a game that will test the patience of any player. It will require the player to replay the same scenes repeatedly while trying to change the outcome. This is a very fun and rewarding mechanic that will alienate the vast majority of gamers.
The gameplay loop is fun and easy to understand. However, you’re expected to experiment your way out of a 12 minutes loop while moving the story forward by learning new things each time. The music is good for what it is. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. On the other hand, the sound effects are used very nicely to queue events and highlight the action on the screen.
But, should you buy the game? Hard to say right now because the users are regularly encountering various bugs and glitches. Recently, some users tweeted that the 12 Minutes keeps crashing on Windows 11 PC and Xbox. So, on that note, we try to figure out the causes of this issue and get some fixes for this that we mentioned in this guide.
How To Fix 12 Minutes Keeps Crashing on Windows 11 PC, Xbox
Although the overall game is very good and engaging, this kind of issue makes users feel left out and anxious. Since there are many reasons for this error is currently not clear. But, we try our best to help you in order to get rid of the 12 Minutes keeps crashing error.
1). Check Minimum Requirements
Did you check whether your PC is compatible or meets the minimum system requirements to run this game? If not, then first check it. So, here are the minimum requirements:
System Requirements (Minimum)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD Phenom II X4 965
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450, 1 GB or AMD Radeon HD 5770, 1 GB
- P-SHADER: 5.0
- V-SHADER: 5.0
- VRAM: 1 GB
- CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 or AMD FX-8350
- RAM: 4 GB
- VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, 8 GB or AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 8 GB
- P-SHADER: 5.1
- V-SHADER: 5.1
- VRAM: 8192 MB
2). Power Cycle Your Console or PC
If your system meets the system requirements, it would be great to reboot or power cycle your PC. This will remove any temporary glitches or cache files that create problems for you if there are any temporary glitches or cache files are there.
To do this, simply shut down your device and plug out all the cords and wires. Then, please wait for 5 Minutes and plug them in again. After that, boot your device and rerun the 12 Minutes to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
3). Update Your OS
This fix is suggested to both PC and Xbox users. First, you must check if there is any update available for our device. However, in case there is an update available, then immediately install it. After that check, if the issue gets resolved on your Windows 11 PC and Xbox or not.
4). Run The Game With Admin Rights
This fix is only for Windows 11 users. Sometimes, your system finds it challenging to run the game due to a lack of permissions to use the resources. Therefore, running it using admin privileges will fix this problem.
- Firstly, on the desktop, right-click on your game’s shortcut icon.
- Now, from the dropdown menu, select the properties option.
- Then, switch to the compatibility tab and select the Run this program with administrator option.
- Finally, to save this, hit the Apply button followed by Ok.
5). Change Fullscreen Mode Value
Many users in the Reddit forum reported that this would help them to fix the 12 Minutes keeps crashing issue on their Windows 11 PC. So, you may also try this.
- Firstly, open this PC and go to the path: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\AnnapurnaInteractive.TwelveMinutes_c96c51jf6wkvm\SystemAppData\wgs\
- After that, look for the WGS folder and open it.
- Now, inside this folder, you’ll get two more sub-folder. So, open the one that name with a random number like 0932048374982349228 (just an example).
- After that, inside this, you will get another file and folder. So, click on the folder named with some random numbers and letters like 09RA921328AC (just an example).
- Now, inside this folder, you’ll get three folders, one named with a number, the other with the letter, and the last is container.8 (don’t touch this one).
- Then, look for the file which is smaller in size. In my case, it will be about 1.2KB. So, open that using Notepad++ or similar.
- Finally, look for the fullscreenmode: 1 and change it to fullscreenmode: 0, and press the ctrl+s key to save this.
6). Kill The Background Running Application
Several high resource-consuming applications might be another reason why your game starts crashing. So, you can try clearing background processes using task manager. Here are some steps that you need to perform:
- Firstly, hit the ctrl+ shift + Esc simultaneously to invoke the task manager.
- After that, shift to the processes tab and select the application that you think consumes lots of resources.
- Then, finally, hit the end task button to prevent those applications from running in the background.
7). Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall will be the main cause for the crashing issue of 12 Minutes most of the time. This happens because your Windows Firewall blocks or prevents the game from using your system’s resources. The security feature of your Firewall considers your game a third-party threat because it consumes a lot of resources. So, how will you disable your Windows Firewall temporarily? Well, if you don’t know, then follow the steps in order to do so:
- Firstly, open the setting app and hover to the Update & security.
- Then, hit the windows security and select the Firewall & network protection.
- After that, click on the Public network.
- Finally, toggle the button located in front of the Microsoft Defender Firewall.
8). Some Basic Fixes For Console Players
- Firstly, you can try to reboot your Xbox.
- After that, try clearing your console’s cache.
- Check if your software is not properly installed.
- Also, check app data on the hard drive is corrupted.
- Rebuild your Xbox’s database.
- Reinstall the 12 Minutes on your PC and Xbox as well.
So, these were some fixes that you can try to fix the issue. We hope you are now free from the 12 Minutes keeps crashing issue in Windows 11 PC and Xbox. But, in case you are still stuck on a crashing issue or suffering from another error in 12 Minutes, comment below.